Isn't this a STUPID move on part of my behalf?

<p>Am I stupid????????????????????????…
For my Junior year of HS (I'm an upcoming Senior) I took a crap load of electives along with my core classes, but instead I should have taken classes that would appeal to colleges.</p>

<p>Drivers Ed
Reading
Volleyball
Fitness lifestyle design.</p>

<p>Those classes probably wouldn't appeal to colleges at all, although I got all A's in them.
Do you think taking those classes is not beneficial to the college application at all since they look at just your core classes?</p>

<p>Don't forget I DID take my core classes. English, Math, French, Science, Social studies...just along with those electives.</p>

<p>Should I ask my counselor to remove those credits, or what? btw, my first choice is DePaul University.</p>

<p>*someone told me that it makes you look like a well-rounded student. Others say, the classes won’t appeal/stupid.</p>

<p>bump anyone.</p>

<p>those ones don’t look bad. i mean if you want to drive you have to take drivers ed right? reading is not something frowned upon. volleyball and fitness are also athletic so its not looked down upon either. </p>

<p>the only things that may look questionable are jewelry making and cooking classes and such :slight_smile: (i took a cooking class!)</p>

<p>Just take what what you want, but remember to take the core classes as well (which you did)…you’re fine.</p>

<p>What are the core courses that you have taken. This will give us more information to work with. Thus providing you with better feedback or opinions on what you should do or try to do.</p>

<p>American History Hon
English III
American Govt. Hon.
Economics Hon.
French II Accel.
Acting III
Chemistry</p>

<p>At least you have taken, or plan to take some honors classes. Thats a good start. Most students nowadays take AP or advanced college prep classes. I don’t think you made a stupid move by picking electives that you enjoy. I took Drivers Ed my sophomore year and I took volleyball every semester my senior year. Physical education classes don’t hold as much weight as core classes. At least your schedule is average. It isn’t too difficult, but at the same time it isn’t too easy. What Universities/colleges are you looking to apply to?</p>

<p>DePaul University!!!</p>

<p>I think your course load is fine for DePaul University. Keep up the good work and stay positive. Work on your applications and essays. They are very important in separating yourself from other applicants.</p>