Issyp 2021

I am Rejected !! I knew it . and I am Happy because I didn’t even want to get accepted.

Did any of you received any email regarding the decision?

Ahh guys didn’t get in. Best of luck to those that did!

I guess everyone got an email

Did not get in… I really wanted to

It happens- don’t sweat it.

Yay I got in! To whoever didn’t manage to get in, I’m so sorry to hear that and I’m sure there will be even more exciting opportunities for you in the future! To those who got in, perhaps pm me and we can set up a group chat so we can get to know each other before the classes (I know its a bit early but why not)?

Hi, congrats! I wasn’t so lucky. Can you share with me some of your notable achievements? I was part of the national Physics team and i did a bunch of competitions but i did not get in. It would help me greatly to know abt people who are accepted. I intend to reapply next year. Thanks in advance!

Hi!! I got in too and am so excited to meet everyone and do some awesome physics together! Do you have a platform in mind for a gc because I’d love to be included!

Hey!! I was accepted as well, and I’d love to be able to get to know all of you before the program, so, if you are creating a GC, do add me!

I have most social media platforms, but i usually use discord or snapchat, but i can also use WhatsApp or anything else :slight_smile:

If u are still eligible then you can apply next year!! Here is the list that i sent to them for my extra curricular activities:
Achievements:
-United Kingdom Mathematics Challenge - BRONZE
-Awarded a mathematical scholarship at xxxxxxx School from September 2020-2022 -United Kingdom Mathematics Team Challenge (2018)
-Ballet - GRADE 6
-Piano - GRADE 5
-Duke Of Edinburgh - BRONZE
Extracurricular activities:
-Host of STEM research club (year 12)
-participated in the Newnham College Philippa Fawcett Mathematics Essay Prize (year 12)
-Maths ambassador at xxxxxxx school(Year 12-13)
-Physics ambassador at xxxxxxx school (Year 12-13)
-Robotics Summer Camp from Hong Kong University (Year 10)
-Participated in an Engineering Competition for Girls (Year 10) (the project was uploaded onto YouTube, attached link is the projects: not posting link for privacy reasons )
-Work Experience at yyyyyyyy Telecoms System (The summer of year 10)
-Drama performances (from Year 9 to Year 11)
-Choir (Year 9)
-Badminton Club (year 10)
-Volunteering in the boarding house (year 10)
-Boarding Committee (year 10,11)
-Boarding Food Committee (year 9, 11)
-Athletics club (year 9 to 10)
-Winner of a school mock election (year 11)
-Boarding Ambassador at xxxxxxxx School (Year 12-13)

My essay outline is like this:
I started the essay with a physics joke about particles, and talking about what i have learnt in webinars that i have attended and I talked about how beautiful and fascinating physics is and also talked about how non-scientific activities (like drama club) helps with being a scientist in the future and finally about how i want to meetup with like minded individuals.

I’m happy to answer more questions if u have more of them!

I have snap and instagram, maybe either of those would work? Or we could always do both! Whatever really works for me… I don’t have discord but if the group wants to use it, I’m down!

For some reason, i cannot private message you! Is it alright if u pm me your snap and perhaps i can add u??

I’m deciding on a social media platform to use. What platforms do u use?

I can’t pm either!!! I looked it up and it said we have to do 15 posts before we can send a pm? So… should we just… reply to each other? In here? And then try? :joy:

Hi! I got in too!! I would love to be in the gc if you create one!!

Hahaha, my instagram account is sine_the_meow, but i currently dont use it but i can send you my snapchat username from there as my snapchat username is my real name

Sure thing! I’ll dm you on there right now!

Sure thing! My instagram username is sine_the_meow. If u add me then i will see what social media platform everyone uses the most then i can add everyone onto a chat!