It really sucks that roommates cannot stay together

<p>CrimsonMomNC…great advice! I just had that very conversation with DS and told him to start looking at Plan B.</p>

<p>It sounds like they are only opening so many rooms at a time.</p>

<p>Longsx3…that is what my junior DD told me she thinks is happening! I hope she is right!</p>

<p>Not sure about the only so many rooms at a time. If they are, it would be different from how they have done it in the past.</p>

<p>I agree, because, just doing math, if those are the only rooms available, there would only be 156 beds available in the RC dorms (in addition to any partial rooms)…with an incoming class of much much more than that, something seems off</p>

<p>This is so weird that the RCS-S rooms are available, since the “towers”, as I called them, were the first to go for the past three years. </p>

<p>Any reason why there are so many available RCS-S rooms?</p>

<p>My son and another friend are in suites on the fifth floor of RCS-S, and I’m hoping there’s not a disadvantage to being in that building.</p>

<p>I’ll have to start a thread to find out what it’s like over at RCS-S.</p>

<p>RCS-S is switching over from non-honors to honors, so pretty much all those suites should have become available for next year</p>

<p>I don’t think you need to worry that there’s anything wrong with the south tower. Since south tower was non-honors this year, the kids who lived there this year couldn’t stay put, if they were even staying on campus. I would guess that a lot of kids who were in the north tower chose to stay there, and other kids moved there to be near their friends who already lived in north tower. That would leave the south tower with more space available. Same thing with Ridgecrest East and West - West was honors this year and it’s pretty full right now, whereas there are more rooms left in East. Another situation where the kids who lived there this year couldn’t stay, so West started out way more full. And RCE and RCW are way smaller than either of the towers, so it’s easier for them to fill up.</p>