Items on UT Austin application portal

My son is applying for priority deadline. He used the common app. When he goes to the UT Austin portal it says that they have not received his application fee. He paid this on the common app. He is a US citizen. Out of state applicant. What should he do? Also it says that there is a Calculus requirement for his major he is applying for. He is currently taking Calculus and will have th AP test at the end of the year. He is applying test optional. No ACT/SAT score. What should he do? Is his application ok?

I would call the Admissions office. I believe you can be TO and still use scores for calculus readiness req. (620 or 26).

Side, note, I wouldn’t be too hopeful for a TO admission at UT Austin out of state (guessing for engineering with the calc req). The admissions OOS are comparable to an Ivy ~ 9% for most engineering majors, due to the state law for admission of in state top 6%.

It’s near impossible for us in state unless your top 6% or have a 1550+.
I do wish you guys the best of luck!

1 Like

OK, i also found this on the website
https://admissions.utexas.edu/apply/application-materials/high-school-prerequisites/

You can take a math readiness test by dec 8 and score above a 70 to be considered ready for admission.

1 Like