Ithaca College vs Manhattan College vs SUNY Oneonta

I need to decide what college to choose. Personal experiences appreciated!

1. Ithaca College for Integrated Marketing Communications.
  2. Manhattan College for Integrated Marketing Communications.
  3. Suny Oneonta 3:1 Fashion Merchandising and final year at FIT.

Are costs comparable?

With scholarships, Manhattan and Ithaca both work out to be around $35,000 a year.

1 Like

What about SUNY?

Is $35,000 a year out of pocket affordable to your family without parent loans?

So between Ithaca and Manhattan, where did you “feel” best - because both will be fine.

Have you asked the school for career outcomes? Manhattan has a great placement report.

Not sure about Ithaca but you should ask each for where their grads go, etc. so you can measure that way.

As for SUNY Oneonta, in addition to @thumper1 question (because yes, you don’t want debt), I would ask for outcomes in the program with FIT - does anyone actually go? If so, how have they done?

For all three, I would contact the department and ask to speak with a student ambassador and for Oneonta, one that is in the FIT program. Of course, time is ticking so do that now.

Pepper them with questions if you are still unsure.

PS - it’s not always - there’s only one right choice - so two or even all three could work out fantastically for you!!

Best of luck.

Congratulations on the Oneonta/FIT program acceptance! It’s much sought-after and competitive.
However it’s quite different&more specialized compared to the other 2, so which appeals to you in terms of content and professional outcomes?
Is 35K affordable for your parents without debt?
If you attended the Oneonta/FIT option, what would the cost be (using estimates of city rent for the last year)?

I have heard great things about the joint SUNY/FIT program. Terrific industry contacts. Personally would lean in that direction unless it was more expensive or you aren’t interested in anything fashion related.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.