Its almost May1st and...

<p>i still cant freaking decide between UT Austin and Purdue..... both for Mechanical Engineering
Any views on this matter would be greatly appreciated!
Im an international student so factors include;
-International Mix
-Scholarship maybe from 2nd year onwards
-Weather, Im from Singapore....(very warm)
-Quality of Education
-Internship Oppurtinuities
-Job Placements</p>

<p>Please do give me your views....Thanks!!!</p>

<ol>
<li><p>Purdue has one of the highest international student populations. There are also minorities like myself who were born and raised here. </p></li>
<li><p>Most likely depends on your GPA. </p></li>
<li><p>UT Austin would be the obvious choice if weather is a big part of your decision. During the winter it sometimes goes in the negatives… yes in Fahrenheit.</p></li>
</ol>

<p>4, 5, 6. Highly recognized worldwide. Jobs and internships would not work if you want to work for the government or a government contractor since you’re not a U.S. citizen.</p>

<p>Thanks, so there is a possibility of a scholarship? and are there internships from non-government companies?</p>

<p>Any other views would be appreaciated…</p>

<p>-International Mix
Both Austin and West Lafayette has their own diverse environment. You’ll find your set of friends in both places</p>

<p>-Scholarship maybe from 2nd year onwards
International Student? Don’t think you’ll be getting anything regardless of year. Unless you get an outstanding 4.0 that first year</p>

<p>-Weather, Im from Singapore…(very warm)
Austin Wins here.</p>

<p>-Quality of Education
I personally think Austin is better at the ‘educational’ component but Purdue might have an edge on research availability.</p>

<p>-Internship Opportunities
Both the same. If you’re interested in energy, then Austin. In aerospace, then purdue. Else, they’re pretty much equal.</p>

<p>-Job Placements
Same as above.</p>

<p>As per your question on internships from non-gov’t
Yes there are available internships for international students but its simply harder to obtain since the employer must be willing to offer a work permit.</p>

<p>I see, is it possible to accept both…?</p>