It's HOT, HOT, HOT in Tuscaloosa

<p>Prepare for the hot weather if you are heading out to Tuscaloosa. Check out these temperatures…</p>

<p>[5</a> Day Weather Forecast for Tuscaloosa - weather.com](<a href=“http://www.weather.com/weather/5-day/Tuscaloosa+AL+USAL0542]5”>http://www.weather.com/weather/5-day/Tuscaloosa+AL+USAL0542)</p>

<p>Makes me worried about August outdoor action…it could be really horrible!</p>

<p>Ssssshhhhh. Keep it quiet. I don’t want D to know that it gets up to 107 degrees in Tuscaloosa. Hot weather was her biggest reservation about Bama. Denial is a beautiful thing.</p>

<p>I’m in Ttown right now and it’s hot, but not really bad. This is a heat wave, not the norm…and not the way the school year would be. It may be hot for the first couple of weeks, but after that it will be fine.</p>

<p>I would think Outdoor Action would be better in the heat than doing work indoors where there may not be air conditioning.</p>

<p>oh, my…</p>

<p>DS did Outdoor Action 2 summers ago and was a leader last summer and is a leader this summer. He says it IS hot, but they don’t let anyone get too exhausted. If it’s particularly hot, they spend time in the creek or river. They take LOTS of breaks and drink LOTS of water. They really take good care of the students. Parents don’t worry…they will have a GREAT time even if it is hot…</p>

<p>I would think Outdoor Action would be better in the heat than doing work indoors where there may not be air conditioning.</p>

<p>I could be wrong, but I think the indoor work is in AC buildings.</p>

<p>Our daughter started her second mini-mester this week as a transient student at a college here in our home state. Of course she wears her normal campus attire to class…a Bama shirt with Nike shorts. She came home laughing at some of the comments from other students about the UA. It seems students keep asking her if she goes to that “Roll Tide school” and asking if they have “a pretty good football team,”…um…yes, yes we do. Roll Tide!</p>