It's movie night: Flicks about 'BAMA?

<p>College Life, or anything entertaining you can recommend??? Help!</p>

<p>“Animal House” :-)</p>

<p>Can a movie night with a UA theme not include???:</p>

<p>“Anyway, like I was sayin’, shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey’s uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There’s pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that’s about it.”</p>

<p>Darn, I forgot Lambda Lambda Lambda!!!</p>

<p>One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don’t know. Then we tried to remove the tusks. The tusks. That’s not so easy to say. Tusks. </p>

<p>You try it some time. As I say, we tried to remove the tusks. But they were embedded so firmly we couldn’t budge them. </p>

<p>Of course, in Alabama the Tuscaloosa, but that is entirely ir-elephant to what I was talking about.</p>

<p>Went totally random and watched an Amazon Prime free flick in which a tire blows up people’s heads at random.</p>

<p>Named? RUBBER</p>

<p>Funny if you are bored and really desperate to be entertained. And if you are enjoying adult beverages. And are really bored. Really, really bored.</p>

<p>LOL! Think if I get that bored I should probably be on the net trying to book a hotel in Tuscaloosa as far out as possible for every home football game weekend, move in/out, parents weekend, graduation, etc.</p>

<p>Two popular movies set in Alabama, though mostly filmed in Georgia, are Sweet Home Alabama and Smokey and the Bandit. Nick Saban has a cameo in The Blind Side.</p>

<p>If you haven’t gone to see The Internship yet, Vince Vaughn’s character makes a Bear Bryant reference.</p>

<p>Catch up on “Hart of Dixie” on Hulu. TX…I tried that in NYC for the Plaza on New Year’s Eve for the 2000 New Year. I asked when I was there in 1996…every room was booked already. I have flashbacks to that everytime I try to find a room in Tuscaloosa.</p>

<p>My Cousin Vinnie, although filmed in Georgia, is the tale of a newly minted New York City lawyer defending his cousin who is accused of killing a convenience store clerk in a small town in Alabama. Joe Pesci and Marissa Tomei are funny as fish out of water without the usual arrogance depicted so often towards southerners by Hollywood. Caution for foul language, but definitely a great comedy with many memorable lines.</p>

<p>Big Fish, set in Alabama and shot mostly in Alabama.</p>

<p>Although the plot is not set in Alabama the movie Failure to Launch was shot in Gadsden and Leesburg Alabama. My oldest was the assistant production coordinator of this film. While filming the scene where Matthew McConaughey is bitten by a chipmunk they used a real chipmunk who believe it or not had multiple movie credits. I can’t remember if it’s name was Rosebud or Rosemund but she had her own handler who was a rather large gentleman. When not filming she hung out in his pocket. After several takes the director decided to break for lunch telling the crew and actors they would do the final take after lunch. It had rained the previous day and while walking back the handler slipped and fell right onto the pocket where the chipmunk was. Yep you guessed it she now resides in the great forest in the sky. The handle was inconsolable! They had to stop filming and have a graveside service right them and there. A frantic call was made to LA where an anamatronic chipmunk “with no credits” was overnighted to take over the starring role. Just a little movie trivia folks!</p>

<p>Oh noooooossseeeeeee!</p>

<p>So sad. Just read this to the family and DH says he’s crushed.</p>

<p>^^^
…did he really mean “crushed”? ;)</p>

<p>Yes. He pulled that exact word out of his … Pocket.</p>

<p>Ba-Da-Boom! </p>

<p>Is there a word for when you laugh and groan at the same time?</p>