It's official - DS is headed to Bama

<p>I just asked my very dear - and very laid back - son to take a look at the $10 Alabama sweatshirts that were posted in this forum earlier today. I asked if it was too early to order one for him. His reply was “No, go ahead and order it, I’m going there”</p>

<p>So, there you have it. He’s officially Bama Bound. </p>

<p>I somehow thought that he would announce his college decision with a wee-bit more enthusiasm than that! Oh well, I’ll take Bama any way it comes - - it has been MY first choice for a long time!</p>

<p>ROLL TIDE !!!</p>

<p>lol, Congrats and Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>welcome! Bama was always MY first choice as well. It sounds like he is taking it all in stride. </p>

<p>I’m already envisioning a second home near Tuscaloosa in a few years. The chance of my current Junior staying near the University is looking better and better as time goes on. By the time my HS Senior gets the feel of the land next year, we will have no need to stay in the cold Mid West. This summer is going to be a clean and purge event. Our boys will have to decide what childhood trophies they want to keep because the crawl spaces are going to sparkle! (Well,I promised them I would never through away the Lego’s or Fisher Price wooden building blocks. I have stepped on them too many times to say goodbye forever!) : )</p>

<p>That’s funny, Wake. My son never made a big announcement, either. He went online and clicked “accept” for the scholarship offer a few weeks ago and never said a thing. Good thing I was in the room and knew what he was doing. Who knows when he would’ve told me. When my daughter decides in 3 years there will be FB announcments and lots of drama! We live in Flower Mound, so we are neighbors.</p>

<p>Congrats Wake - welcome and Roll Tide!!!</p>

<p>Congrats Wake! May he have a wonderful college experience in Tuscaloosa!</p>

<p>*</p>

<p>I’m already envisioning a second home near Tuscaloosa in a few years. *</p>

<p>H and I, too!</p>

<p>Congrats to your son! It must be a huge relief to have a decision made!</p>

<p>Congrats, Wake! So excited for y’all!</p>

<p>LOL, how much do condos run in Tuscaloosa? Just kidding…at DHs and my advanced age, we’re more likely to be looking at assisted living communities…</p>

<p>^^^Don’t forget, there is Capstone Village right across from the rec center & student health center: [Capstone</a> Village](<a href=“http://www.capstonevillage.com/]Capstone”>http://www.capstonevillage.com/)</p>

<p>Congrats Wake & Roll Tide. </p>

<p>S has been pretty much committed since before Sr. year started and encouraged me to make all the deposits. But, I really knew he had decided when he changed his fb status to Roll Tide (not that I see his fb, but he told me).</p>

<p>We have been looking at condos on the Florida panhandle around 4.5 hours from Tuscaloosa. Not seriously, since I am still looking for a job, but looking around. Fortunately/Unfortunately you can get some for the price of an expensive SUV. We thought we might be able to use it as a home base for visits, but its a little far. Although any closer and S might get a little nervous. We are beach people but perhaps we should reconsider as to go to the beach we have to slather on the sunscreen, wear hats, and we no longer unfortunately have the beach bodies.</p>