It's official. LSU-Bama set for 7 p.m. on CBS

<p>They just announced it about an hour ago. I will be there with bells on, and hope to meet some of you people. Just look for a guy with white hair, glasses, and lots of PURPLE and GOLD. </p>

<p>Looking forward to the game. It will be an old school, back-alley knife fight.</p>

<p>(Incidentally, malanai, I have no illusions about my school’s chances. BUT… I think this thing has Les Miles Special written all over it. All the variables are in place: Alabama #1, yet to be tested, rolling through their schedule like a machine. LSU with 2 losses, out of the title hunt, playing with house money. LSU matches up physically with Alabama. Only once in 9 tries has Les not had his team ready to play. But, of course, that was the one time he really needed to.)</p>

<p>* It will be an old school, back-alley knife fight.*</p>

<p>Will LSU be playing against LSU?</p>

<p>:scratchingmyhead:</p>

<p>You’ll be in Tuscaloosa. Tigger-lovers need to remember to bring their manners (or at least learn some first).</p>

<p>I’ll be waiting for you, Slippy, with a special gift. Roll Tide.</p>

<p>Hey slippy-</p>

<p>Les Miles special ?? Hmmm…you mean</p>

<p>He once played an April Fools joke …on 92,000 people …in October
He once scored a TD on a fake FG, so 3 years later he added a bounce pass to it, just to see if he could
He uses the word “want” as both a verb and noun in the same sentence.
He will build a lead at half and then let the other team come back just to make things interesting.
He once recruited the top QB in the land, just to prove he could play wide receiver.
His hat has turned down head coaching offers.
He once lost in overtime, just to know what it felt like to be undefeated in regulation.
He manages the clock by forgetting it’s even there
He is…THE MOST INTERESTING COACH IN THE WORLD!</p>

<p>Recent games have been close - but not this time. Tide kills 'em.</p>

<p>Wish I could be there Slippy…jealous for sure.</p>

<p>Not sure about a knife fight but it will be interesting for sure. Miles is certainly a gambler. If he hits a few of those wild bets anything can happen… from my side I just hope he miss times them like he did last year.</p>

<p>I want to see Class2012Mom’s special gift. Maybe I will! The freedom of empty-nesting is that I can just get up and go if I want. I may not get a ticket but I can still tailgate…</p>

<p>Lattelady - PLEASE come! We will have so much fun. We can take a photo with Slippy’s bells. That in itself makes it worth the trip!</p>

<p>Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for LSU.</p>

<p>OK, Class2012, if you’re going to be in Tuscaloosa, who is going to be up here with the portable defibrillator? The game last year took years off my life and I don’t see this one being any less nerve wracking.</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>I’m sure I got 1000 more gray hairs last year with the LSU and UGA games. Not to mention both years’ games with TAMU. :(</p>

<p>Ah, beth’s mom, we need one good nerve wracking win. Those are the best kind. </p>

<p>I’m sure I can get a minion to assist you if needed. </p>

<p>You can always roadtrip it down with me (you’re on your own to get back, though I will be happy to drop you off at BHM).</p>

<p>7 p.m…<em>groan</em>
It’ll be 3 a.m. by the time we get home.</p>

<p>Yes, it will be late for those who are commuting from home. The good thing is that it will all day tail-gating.</p>

<p>“LSU and Dracula have a lot in common. They both do their best work at night.” – Beano Cook.</p>

<p>Damn Slippy you got me so fired up I wish I was there sitting next to you. I might have even worn purple and gold.</p>

<p>“LSU and Dracula have a lot in common. They both do their best work at night.” – Beano Cook.</p>

<p>Did Mettenberger suck the blood of his sexual assault victim? or did he just leave emotional scars?</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Alabama will need to bring its A-game to prevail. Yes, LSU is more than capable of winning this contest. And yes, it will be a knife fight. The hitting will be ferocious. The Tigers’ two losses are yesterday’s news and their pride has been wounded. This is no time to get cocky. Bama is a McCarron ankle sprain away from deep trouble.</p>

<p>Thankfully, Saban knows this perfectly well. Nothing will surprise me in this game. I will remain nervous until I need not be.</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Guess no one told LSU that you don’t take a knife to a gun fight. McCarrons guns are ready to fire away. Just ask Johnny Crybaby Football.</p>

<p>Yes, this game could go any way. Don’t want a nail biter but want a good game.</p>

<p>Did you guys know that LSU is 9-6 all time in Bryant-Denny Stadium?</p>

<p>(Please disregard the records at Tiger Stadium and Legion Field.)</p>

<p>Did you know that it’s been 4 years since LSU scored a touchdown at Bryant-Denny Stadium? :)</p>

<p>Do you know that LSU has beaten the Tide during the last 3 meetings?</p>

<p>(disregard the last 2)</p>