It's snowing in Tuscaloosa

<p>Just received a pic of my D’s snow covered car! :)</p>

<p>Yup…my son just texted me.</p>

<p>Bama is so pretty with a little bit of snow here and there. :)</p>

<p>M2CK- EVERYWHERE looks better with a light covering of snow!</p>

<p>Yep…my D texted me as well. She is worried about coming on to campus from Northport as the Tuscaloosa Sheriff’s Office FB page is reporting icing on the Mcfarland bridge. Her class isn’t until 2, so she has some time to wait and see what happens.</p>

<p>D3 and D3 were hoping the snow would hold off until we arrive tomorrow. We’re headed over for the gymnastics meet, the parade, and some barbecue! I can hardly wait! I saw on the news last night where one of the Atlanta area Dreamland locations burned yesterday.:(</p>

<p>Yes, it was the Peachtree Corners location in Norcross. Really sad!</p>

<p>Ok this is sort of off topic but if you live in the south and your teenager hasn’t driven on snow before… You might want to do what my husband did the last time it snowed in georgia.He found an EMPTY parking lot and let my son “practice” driving on the snow and icy parking lot. It was very benefical for my son. Sort of a just incase. Those of us who grew up in the north have dealt with snow and ice a lot but I wouldn’t want my son to have that first experiance by himself.</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>We live in southern Indiana and get snow every year, but I still took my son out to a parking lot the first year he had his license. MUCH better to get that first experience well removed from any insurance liabilities. :)</p>

<p>I’m recommending to him NOT to drive today. Although he’s now experienced in driving in snow and ice, all the other people potentially on the roads without that experience concerns me.</p>

<p>And BTW - the semi-paved, downhill road to my house here in Indiana most definitely does NOT look better with a light covering of snow! :)</p>

<p>Hmmm…D just texted that the roads are now white and slippery around campus. Roads are being closed around the quad, but classes ARE in session.</p>

<p>Snowball fights happening now on the quad and snowmen going up. Sounds fun! :)</p>

<p>My D just called and is frantic because they haven’t cancelled classes and her 2:00 and 5:00 classes have extremely rigid attendance policies! Her friends returning to her apt. complex have seen multiple accidents and we have told her to stay home! She doesn’t want to lose those precious attendance points! Needless to say, she is NOT enjoying the snow right now!</p>

<p>If it keeps on, I’m betting the cancellation will happen. The UA is usually proactive. Stay safe!:)</p>

<p>PeachTide & Bamagirls…a fried of mine told me the Dreamland fire was the best smelling building fire they had ever smelled and that everyone in the area was craving BBQ all day long ;)</p>

<p>Classes are cancelled.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>[The</a> University of Alabama](<a href=“Page Not Found | The University of Alabama”>http://www.ua.edu/)</p>

<p>Yay…classes are cancelled.</p>

<p>Peachtide…if for some odd reason classes weren’t cancelled and it was too dangerous for your D to get to campus, I don’t think the prof can ding her for that. I would contact the Dean of Students and ask.</p>

<p>^Agreed. I have spent the last 2 hours trying to convince her! However, she did go to her 2:00 class and arrived safely and is thrilled her 5:00 class is cancelled. Apparently the roads are just extremely wet now. She is such a rule follower and sometimes drives herself crazy with situations like these. She also feels she NEEDs the extra points from the attendance policy. Oh, well…another crisis taken care of!</p>

<p>DS says they have 3 inches of snow, more than we have had all year at home. He now has more snow days than his brother in NY.</p>

<p>DS says all the snow is gone because it has been turned into snowmen.</p>

<p>I bet the snow must look beautiful spread across the UA campus.</p>

<p>Is there a webcam anywhere on campus/in town?</p>

<p>The sun came out, so most of the snow has melted already.</p>