It's snowing in Tuscaloosa

<p>Great idea about the driving practice. Although we’re southerners, we’re raising the boys in northern Illinois. I did the parking lot thing with my son his sophomore year. Made sure to find a patch of ice for him to try to brake quickly on, making sure there was nothing to slide into. Nothing teaches like hands on experience.</p>

<p>My D heard folks yelling out, “Cold Tide!!” So happy the students had a good day!</p>

<p>My DH sent DS an email with the email about the winter storm warning attached and just had “hahahahahahahahahaha” in the email. Yes, he was trying to get away from that weather up here. That’ll teach him not to brag about 70 degree days!</p>

<p>For everyone who’s kids are coming from the north, and other areas where they ARE used to driving in the snow/ice tell your kids to beware. There are 2 really big diffreences with bad weather in the south:</p>

<ol>
<li><p>They don’t have the equipment/ chemicals/ workers to treat the streets and sidewalks. Many of us are used to the roads being pre-treated for bad weather. That does not happen in warm states. </p></li>
<li><p>The people that grew up in non-snow areas do not know how to drive in it. So they are in danger from the other drivers.</p></li>
</ol>