It's too quiet

<p>I have been watching this…and seen this confirmed on Nat Weather Service alerts, too. Quoting (their all caps, sorry): </p>

<p>AT 1018 PM CDT… NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR WAS TRACKING A CONFIRMED TORNADO. THIS TORNADO WAS LOCATED NEAR MCFARLAND MALL… OR 7 MILES SOUTHEAST OF TUSCALOOSA… MOVING NORTHEAST AT 35 MPH.
LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE… LAKE WILDWOOD… DEERLICK CREEK CAMPGROUNDS… COALING… BROOKWOOD… VANCE… ABERNANT… BULL CITY… LAKE VIEW… CAMP HORNE BSA AND HOLT LOCK AND DAM. </p>

<p>I heard there was damage to Shelton State CC, but the tornado stayed south of downtown Tuscaloosa. </p>

<p><a href=“http://www.abc3340.com/category/220454/james-spann-24-7-weather”>http://www.abc3340.com/category/220454/james-spann-24-7-weather&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Watch live…</p>

<p>This is so strange that it is 1 year + 1 day to the 2011 tornado (April 27, 2011). Right in the middle of finals…My S in Riverside dorm says they are all in the hallways at the moment, per instructions.</p>

<p>Hearing reports from Tuscaloosa that Woodland Forest Elementary may have been hit…reports of damage in that neighborhood with trees blocking Hargrove Road…(not the end of Hargrove Road that runs near the Woodlands, it is across Skyland Boulevard)</p>

<p>Tuscaloosa tornado warning downgraded to tornado watch ~ 11.00 pm. Watch in effect until 3 am at this point. I’m going to bed now, knowing that the worst may have passed…prayers to all of those who are affected and those still under threat all throughout the region. Daylight will bring answers as to how much damage occurred. </p>

<p>Thank you for the updates and links. Way too scary. </p>

<p>Flooding reported at Hargrove Road and McFarland (near the Woodlands) with sewage contamination, Jackson Avenue (between the School of Law and East Edge) down Bryant to 2nd Avenue. Damage reported to Englewood Elementary off Old Greensboro Road per Tuscaloosa Sheriff’s Department. Flooding also reported on 15th Street.</p>

<p>The horrific storms that rolled through last night took the life of one of our athletes, a 21 swimmer and junior at the UA. He died when a wall collapsed at a home on 15th Street and 22nd Avenue. Prayers to the family and friends of this young man. A reminder to everyone to be a blessing.</p>

<p>Anyone who hasn’t read Carson Tinker’s new book, a testament to his faith following the storm of April 27, 2011, should know it is a must read. His humility and faith are inspirational.</p>

<p>oh my gosh…this is awful…I am so very sorry to hear about this… :frowning: Prayers going out to his family and to the UA family & community … so sad.</p>

<p>Praying that all the kids in off campus apartments are safe. Take care, y’all.</p>

<p>Heads up…some of this afternoon’s exams are being rescheduled for Friday and Saturday. Exams rescheduled from Monday at 7 p.m. will be made up on Friday at 3:30 p.m. Exams scheduled for this afternoon at 3:30 p.m. will be made up at 8 a.m. on Saturday. Tonight’s 7 p.m. exam will be given on Friday evening at 7. </p>

<p>Here’s hoping the storms will be less severe this afternoon and evening. Safe travels to students and families.</p>

<p>Crazy times, but I am glad the university is being careful. But it sure messes up travel plans for OOS kids and flights! Hope tonight is calmer than last night.</p>

<p>Reports are saying that he held up the concrete wall until his girlfriend could escape. What an amazing and brave young man.</p>

<p><a href=“http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20140429/NEWS/140429655/1009?Title=University-of-Alabama-swimmer-John-Servati-killed-during-Monday-s-storm-community-teammates-react-on-social-media-NOON-UPDATE-”>http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20140429/NEWS/140429655/1009?Title=University-of-Alabama-swimmer-John-Servati-killed-during-Monday-s-storm-community-teammates-react-on-social-media-NOON-UPDATE-&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Athlete, dean’s list student, hero, devout faith…and he is taken from us. Yet the same God allows evil to live so they can shoot up schools, etc. Cruel irony from Him. Roll tide and rest in peace, young man. Sure the world was a bit better for those who knew you.</p>