IU Bloomington Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Indiana University Bloomington offers Early Action for freshman admissions.

The Early Action (EA) deadline for Fall 2022 admission at IU Bloomington is November 1.

All early action applicants should receive an admissions decision by January 15. For more information visit the Indiana University Bloomington page on College Confidential.

See updates and discuss results with other IU Bloomington applicants.

Are you planning to apply early to Indiana University Bloomington? Why IU Bloomington? What questions do you have about applying early? Comment in the thread below.

To discuss other IU Bloomington topics visit the indiana-university-bloomington tag on CC Forums.

Have more information about IU Bloomington Early Action?

This post is a wiki and allows CC members to edit and update relevant information - just click the Edit button in the lower right corner. (You must be a registered user with at least Member level privileges to edit wikis).

2 Likes

Checked portal today, my daughter was accepted. No email was received.
Anyone else?

2 Likes

Congratulations to your daughter! Mine hasn’t heard anything yet. If you don’t mind me asking, when did she submit her application?

Thank you!!! All items were sent complete on 9/28. Best of luck!

1 Like

When did your DD apply?

Oct 9

1 Like

Good luck! We were 10/8 and still haven’t heard either.

D’s friend heard yesterday and she applied around 10/1.

1 Like

My daughter applied with petition for direct admit to Kelley. I’m not sure how it works–will she hear from IU first, then hear later about Kelley? Or will her Kelley petition affect her IU decision?

1 Like

How did your DD complete the petition? DO you mind sharing?

She just followed the instructions on the Kelley website. There are additional short essay questions to be completed.

1 Like

I heard you get accepted into Indiana first and about 2 to 4 weeks later you will hear from Kelley. So hopefully we will hear soon. Good luck

Thank you! I hope so. My daughter’s application is dated 10/6, so I hope she hears soon. I can relax once she gets one acceptance in. I worry about these things way more than she does! Good luck to you, as well!

My DD just got her acceptance this afternoon! Super excited!

6 Likes

FWIW; Applied on 10/10; Accepted today 11/2; OOS; no test scores submitted. Go Big Red!

5 Likes

This is fantastic!! Congrats. Do you mind sharing her GPA?

Sure. 3.8+ (unweighted; school does not weight; but 5 APs (three this year) and 6ish honors classes); Good extracurriculars (given the limitations of COVID-19); No standardized test taken

Ahh! This gives me some hope. Similar stats and rigor. Also no test scores. Congrats again!

Submitted 9/09. Completed 10/19. Acceptance on portal 11/02.

3 Likes