IU Kelley Petition Tracker 2024

Review requests open September 12th. Parents/students applying under review request, post questions & comments here.

Has anyone seen what the review request essay prompts are? The review request landing page says “You will be asked to submit two essays limited to 250 words.”

Does anybody know if we have to apply to the IU Portal or CommonApp to get our University ID number in order to review request?

The IU Portal has a 400 word supplement, while CommonApp section for IU doesn’t ask for any supplement, so what should I do because the Kelley Review Request Website says you must apply to IU and then get the university ID number in order to review request.

Thanks and let me know,
Akshat

Yes, you have to submit your IU app first. Then, the Kelley petition and related essay will be accessible in your portal.

If you don’t meet the Kelley direct admit criteria, complete that as soon as it’s available in your portal…do not wait for IU admission first. If you do meet the Kelley direct admit criteria, no need to complete the petition and essay.

Everyone who gets into Kelley automatically or on review is “direct admit.” Students are automatically admitted if they meet the stated GPA/SAT. Others apply for direct admit to Kelley via the review petition. It is no longer apply and get in line for Kelley in September in case it fills up. It is apply by November 1.

Akshat,

Can you post a screenshot of your IU Portal (with confidential information blackened out?) We don’t see any supplemental essay or a link for a Review Request.

Thank you and good luck!

1 Like

Does anyone know what it means if we don’t see any link for a review request in the IU Portal even though we have a university ID number? The application was made through the IU Portal and it included one essay (not sure if it is the main essay or the supplemental one).

Thanks guys, makes sense. Do any of you guys have an idea of how competitive petitions are if your SAT score is really close to the DA criteria. My GPA 3.99 (Weighted) and I have a 1340 SAT Score.

It’s competitive. Make sure to make the Nov 1 deadline.

If your petition isn’t granted, you can go the standard admission route after freshman year (assuming you are accepted to IU).

Someone posted this recently in the 2023 Tracker thread. Can anybody verify if these are the 2024 prompts?

Prompt #1 - What has been your most significant achievement in the last three years?
Prompt #2 - Please discuss how your lived experience impacts your unique ability to contribute to the Kelley School of Business.
OR
What is an issue that captivates you? How will you use a Kelley School of Business education to solve a problem related to this issue?

All in under 250 words. There is also “Please inform us of other circumstances of which we should be aware as we consider your request. This is not a space for another or continuation of your answers above. (optional)”

Those are the correct prompts. But to clarify (I misread the above), prompt #1 is required, and prompt #2, also required, is your choice of “please discuss…” or “what is an issue”…

Each answer is 250 words (again, I misread it as 250 total).

1 Like

My son has Weighted GPA: 3.96 and ACT: 33 with decent ECs. Does he qualify for Direct Admit to Kelly?.
Seems Kelly looks for min 3.7 GPA and 32 ACT. I guess he qualifies but want to confirm. Thanks.

He qualifies :slight_smile:

He qualifies as long as the transcripts have weighted GPA.

Thank you, both!

Anyone on this thread know when standard (IU, not Kelley) acceptances will go out? There’s speculation on the other thread that it may be later than typical and they may notify IU acceptance and direct admit at the same time. I’ve got a non Kelley kid and am wondering when she might hear on IU.

Guys does anyone know when I get my university ID number so I can review request? I just submitted my Indiana University application tonight. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

My son got an email with his ID number 5 days after submitting.

About a week

Good to know! He applied on commonapp right?

Thanks so much!