IU Kelly (DA) VS UCI Paul Merage

My son is very confused about which college to choose. UCI ranking is higher than IU, but Kelley ranks much better than Paul Merage. He heard that it’s difficult to get good internships and job placement in UCI He is leaning towards UCI as we have some very good family friends there and he is concerned that IU is not very diverse. Please help! He’s got $10000 in Kelley and $16250 as scholarship in UCI. We are out of state for both.

1 Like

Hey, I am in the same boat I was accepted to both for Business but I am picking IU Kelley because it is ranked much higher and has better internships and job opportunities. Business is the top major at Indiana and the majority of the attention is for Kelley. Kelley is also known for having a lot of recruiters come every year. Definitely Kelley is better for Business.

I am still deciding too between my schools, but I ruled out UCI for Business.

Yes, it is true that IU is not that diverse but based on the Facebook admitted students for Indiana there seems to be a lot of diversity for students who got accepted Direct-Admit for Kelley. The rest of the school is not nearly as diverse.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Hello, I know it has been several years since you posted this message but my D is in the same situation now. She is deciding between Kelley and UCI business. Can you please share where your son ended up going and how he likes his decision. I would really appreciate your feedback. Thank you.