I've submitted my application but...

<p>Okay, I finally submitted by online application on November 15th but I still haven't received any notification e-mail from them. Is this a problem? Or does it usually take this long? Someone help me out, please. (I really want to receive my UW ID from them so I can check my status).</p>

<p>My guess is you'll probably receive the email today. If not, I would call them tomorrow. When my son submitted his, it was over a weekend and I don't think he receive the email until Wednesday of the next week.</p>

<p>Oh, why do they send e-mail so late? I'm just desperate to check my status..</p>

<p>Bump (10 chars)</p>

<p>Real, as you can tell by all the frustrated posts, Wisconsin had some kind of technological meltdown resulting in HUGE delays and not many acceptances.</p>

<p>I applied Maybe October 2 and found out I was accepted 4 days ago. A lot of posters are coming from schools where 20-30 kids have applied and only a few have heard (and they applied in September or had perfect test scores)</p>

<p>So unless they totally solved the problem and the month-long back up that ensued...it might be a while.</p>

<p>Seems like there are a number of steps (with a possible 5th step, someone posted there was a "being prepared for review step" I didn't have</p>

<p>1) e-mail acknowledging the application with web code
2) A ridiculously long "we are matching your materials to your application" step (for me it was like 2 weeks and I applied kinds early)
3) "A counselor is reviewing your application" maybe another 2-3 weeks
4) and the Congratulations post.</p>

<p>I don't know if anyone on CC had been defered or rejected. Word is at these rolling schools the acceptances go out first followed by the deferals and rejections.</p>

<p>At least with Michigan, if you applied before October 30 I think you have to know something before December 15 (and that's only a few weeks away)</p>

<p>Those Wisco adcoms won't be enjoying their holiday, I bet they're working like dogs!!!</p>

<p>S and I have been checking the site so often that they probably have put his file in the stalker pile. He applied October 19th and it took until this past Saturday to get to reviewed status. I think they are reading one word a day! He is OOS (don't know if that matters) and there are boatloads of kids who have applied from his school (again, don't know if that matters). At least in the old days, once you got the day's mail, the suspense was over for the day.</p>

<p>^^ LOL Deermom! We definitely should have been placed in the stalker file (it was ME who was the stalker), but they went ahead and accepted my S anyway! ;) Good luck to you both.</p>

<p>Talking about a boatload of kids applying to UW madison, my school usually has over 150 seniors apply to UW madison. I also found out I was accepted last weekend.</p>

<p>Finally, I received my e-mail from them acknowledging the application with web code. I just created my NetID and password but I'm struggling to check my status (including transcript, SAT scores, TOEFL score, recommendation letter, etc.) Where do I need to go in order to check if the college received these materials?</p>

<p>I swear I said that exact "stalker line last week" and one day you log on (for the first time in say 32 minutes) and the copy block LOOKS the same with the same amnount of text but says a very understated "Congratulations you have been accepted to the University of Wisconsin Madisison" I was looking for a huge red banner or something.</p>

<p>They DON'T post items that they received (or didn't) specifically. Most of my other EA schools do...it does give you peace of mind. I called after a bit but they're not gonna look it up for you. You'll just go to "review status" and you know they have everything and for me it was still a few weeks.</p>

<p>Hopefully everyone at your guidance deaprtment is on the ball or your screwed.</p>

<p>A couple of years ago the mailed large envelope had a big red "YES" on the outside, easy for us parents to know (for those of you who don't tell your parents anything).</p>

<p>This year the large envelope had a big red YES on it, too. Very nice.</p>

<p>cool...maybe my mailman will be impressed</p>