Ivy Likely Letters

Hello! it is March 2, 2023. Has anyone received, or heard of anyone receiving, a likely letter/phone call from an Ivy League school this application cycle for the class of 2027? Thanks!

1 Like

Yale likelies have been out for around a month now.

Hello ! I would like to know about Harvard likely letters

@TriplePiano Yes, I heard they went mainly to recruited athletes, legacies and STEM students this year.

At Yale, that is.

1 Like

Recruited athletes only get them in the SCEA round.

1 Like

Other than the Yale likely letters that went out to STEM students in mid February, I have not heard anyone talking about receiving likely letters from Rice, Duke, or any of the Ivies this application cycle. Maybe they are sending later in the cycle than usual…or not at all this year???

1 Like

Still crickets on here and out there regarding Likely Letters other than Yale. Y’all hearing anything?

Ski, have you heard of Likely Letters going out this year anywhere other than Yale?

Columbia likely letters went out today!

1 Like

@matcha505 Thanks for the update! How do you know? And did they go by snail mail or email?

Email

1 Like

@skieurope thanks. I saw someone posted on social media that they received likely letters from Harvard and Columbia on March 3. So maybe they are going in waves?

1 Like

Harvard traditionally hasn’t done waves. Columbia has done waves in the past. I have no insider info on what they’re doing this year

1 Like

two of my friends got one in email!

1 Like

can confirm I got mine in my email today :smile:

2 Likes

@piano_physics_23 Congrats! From Columbia?

thank you, and yes, from Columbia Engineering

1 Like

@piano_physics_23 Fantastic! I know others will ask…do you feel comfortable sharing your demographics and stats…no need to share state of residence if you are domestic. Thanks!

Sure! I’m a Native American from very rural America, public school, 4.0 UW, 1520 SAT, National Merit Scholar, 5 official APs but took AP Physics 1 and 2 tests and got a 5 and 4 respectively through individual study. I play classical piano, I’m in all the bands, I do community service work and compete academically in Beta Club, and I’m the highest scorer on a state champion nationally-ranked quizbowl team. I intend to major in Physics or Engineering Physics depending on the college, and so far I’ve been accepted or received likely admission to EA for Princeton, Yale, Vanderbilt (Cornelius Vanderbilt Scholarship), and now Columbia. I was also deferred EA by Georgia Tech.

6 Likes