Jackie Robinson Scholarship 2010

<p>Anyone applying?? I sure am! I just am a little confused about the submission of our SAT scores; can we print them out from college board and send them that way or...?</p>

<p>I’m applying. I think I’m just gonna send the official scores, but your way is smart too, didn’t think of that.</p>

<p>A big question mark is formulating in my head right now lol. I know if I send it officially then I have to do the rush shipping process just for assurance. >_<</p>

<p>yeah im applying, so far this is the one scholarship that has asked for the most essays lol</p>

<p>I think Gates was the most for me. I believe it was 9. I didn’t know if it had to be sent officially. I just want to send copies.</p>

<p>I applied back in November. I still haven’t sent my transcript and rec in because I was waiting for my class rank and GPA to go up (and it did!). I doubt I have a shot when you guys are my competition though.</p>

<p>Oh and I’d say you should definitely send it in the official way. Don’t they have to pay to have a specific SAT score report number? I’m assuming they’d like you to use it, especially since it will say “unofficial test scores” on the page.</p>

<p>Yes, I understand, DNerd. However, it says that the recommendation, transcript, and the SAT scores must be sent together. How is college board going to send my recommendation and transcript also? lol</p>

<p>lol that’s a good question… Well aren’t your scores also included in the transcript? I guess calling would be a good idea since they didn’t really make anything clear. If you have a free score report then I guess it wouldn’t hurt to do both.</p>

<p>Okay thanks, Dnerd :-).</p>

<p>Per telephone confirmation with JRF, and PLEASE do not hesitate to call for your own validation.</p>

<p>You can download your SAT/ACT Scores and submit it with your application/transcript. HOWEVER, the downloaded score(s) must be included in the envelope with the transcript since that’s the sealed envelope considered OFFICIAL from your respective schools. Therefore, spending an extra $9-$9.50 + Rush Fee $$ is not necessary. HTH. Good luck!</p>

<p>Ahhh thank you, learningprog!</p>

<p>^ You’re quite welcome MorganSimone.</p>

<p>Anyone heard anything from this?</p>

<p>^ No, we find out in June =/</p>

<p>I looked at the thread from last year on here (see below) and it looks like they get through the initial review fairly quickly…early May, then they contact the semi-finalists in early May for a telephone interview and then they make formal awards in early/mid June.</p>

<p>What did folks think of the essays required? Interesting topics.</p>

<p>Also, does anyone have an idea on if all applications are reviewed and what the Jackie Robinson committee is looking for in a good candidate? Is it GPA, class rank, community service, test scores, essays…? Do they weight 1 criteria more than others?</p>

<p><a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/financial-aid-scholarships/677464-jackie-robinson-scholarship.html[/url]”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/financial-aid-scholarships/677464-jackie-robinson-scholarship.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Has anyone heard anything back from the folks at the Jackie Robinson Foundation about the scholarship?</p>

<p>You won’t hear until June 30, 2010 I believe.</p>

<p>The site says “We will send out decisions electronically to the email address you provided on your application on or before June 15, 2008. If you do not receive an e-mail from us before the end of the day on Sunday, June 15th, please e-mail us at the address below.”</p>

<p>Although the thread from last year showed that people were notified around May 8th that they would advance to finalist, so hopefully the wait won’t be that long.</p>

<p>I received an email on Wednesday May 4 asking me which college I’m attending in the fall and also requesting the information on my EFC and financial aid package details (grants, scholarships, loans and work study). The email was marked “urgent” reply as soon as possible.</p>

<p>There was no mention of any upcoming phone interview as someone noted a few posts back.</p>

<p>Hope this means I’m a finalist!</p>

<p>How many of these are actually awarded?</p>

<p>Good luck everyone.</p>

<p>I got a phone call Saturday afternoon…totally out of the blue.</p>

<p>Just a few questions…and said they were happy to tell me unofficially I’d be hearing very soon.</p>

<p>YAY!</p>