Jackie Robinson Scholarship 2010

<p>So has anyone else from the NE heard anything…</p>

<p>I think the date is still June 15…but those of you who posted June 1…did someone who interviewed you tell you that?</p>

<p>Has anyone from the southeastern area heard anything yet?</p>

<p>thanks DestinyUP! I’ll be attending Texas A&M University this fall. Hope they dont give the scholarships just to ivy-league students :P</p>

<p>senioritisyep- they didn’t tell me that explicitly, but the online letter i got in my e-mail said June 1st…but their website says June 15th so i dont know what to think anymore. still haven’t heard anything</p>

<p>I also had the same impression in my email and fast conversation-- that it would be June 1…but that date past…their webpage said June 15.</p>

<p>I’m holding off initiating student loans…hoping maybe some more funding is coming my way… Would be nice! Not to mention the leadership training and mentoring.</p>

<p>Good luck everyone…we’ll hear soon…post your results!</p>

<p>Hey,
My mom called their office in NY to see if all applicants were notified.</p>

<p>They said that due to an unforeseen circumstance - they were delayed-- and missed the promised notification date of June 1.</p>

<p>They are hopeful that everyone will be notified by June 15.</p>

<p>They said NO ONE has been notified yet.</p>

<p>their phone number is 212 xxxx 290 xxx 8600 (b/c cc cuts off phone numbers I inserted the xx)</p>

<p>Also on their webpage this announcement>
We will send out decisions electronically to the email address you provided on your application on or before June 15, 2008. If you do not receive an e-mail from us before the end of the day on Sunday, June 15th, please e-mail us at the address below.
<a href="mailto:scholarships@jackierobinson.org">scholarships@jackierobinson.org</a></p>

<p>Great info and nice to know. I wonder what the unforeseen circumstance is? I wonder if they have been able to complete all of their initial interviews?</p>

<p>Yeah thanks for the information. At least I know I’m still in the running! I hope they will be able to notify us soon. This is really messing with my nerves :P</p>

<p>I just got a call for an interview next Friday. The Western region applicants should be finding out soon.</p>

<p>well i guess now we know the delay-- west coast selection committee not yet complete…</p>

<p>darn I was so hoping an email would arrive before the weekend…</p>

<p>Good luck!</p>

<p>anyone hear anything yet?</p>

<p>not a word from anybody…yet</p>

<p>nothing in ny…</p>

<p>they said 15th…tomorrow…</p>

<p>sleep tight everyone</p>

<p>pray hard…i’m talkin white knuckles and flat knees people…( and if you’re black and pray till your knuckles turn white, thats some PRAYIN!!! :slight_smile: keep smiling y’all. peace</p>

<p>midday on east coast…
nothing yet…</p>

<p>anyone else??</p>

<p>I might call around 4:30 if I don’t hear anything…</p>

<p>nope nothing yet. The suspense is eating away my heart.</p>

<p>Hey 12th man. I was the guy at your interview pool at Houston. Funny I’d find you here on college confidential. I’m on the same boat, no answer from anyone. Btw. Did one of the people on the committee give you a book on your way out from the interview?</p>

<p>Nope nobody gave me anything…Did they give you one? (still nothing btw) I did download their student guide about Jackie Robinson from their website…Maybe they were handing out copies???</p>

<p>I don’t know what to think anymore :P</p>

<p>I just called (well my mom b/c I was too nervous and felt it would be pushy)…</p>

<p>Receptionist said they are finalizing emails right now and all recipients will hear by close of business today…that means not later than 6 pm est…maybe 5 pm…who knows?</p>

<p>AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH</p>

<p>Good luck everyone!!!</p>

<p>well they sent out emails. I didn’t get it. Oh well.
Good luck to the rest of you!</p>

<p>They’re out. Didn’t get it. Good luck to all</p>