Jackie Robinson Scholarship 2010

<p>sorry you guys didn’t get it…was there no email received or a “best of luck, but you weren’t selected email?” What time?</p>

<p>I have nothing in my inbox…
darn…</p>

<p>i still haven’t gotten any e-mails from them… :stuck_out_tongue: i literally JUST checked my e-mail</p>

<p>It was a “Best of luck” type email. It was timed 4:31
I’ve pasted the contents below:</p>

<p>Tuesday, June 15, 2010 </p>

<p>Dear X, </p>

<p>Thank you for applying for a Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarship. We appreciate the time and
effort expended in preparing your JRF Scholarship application. </p>

<p>We received an overwhelming number of applications from highly talented and academically gifted individuals like you. Unfortunately, the pool of outstanding candidates far exceeds our resources
for providing support. We sincerely regret that we are unable to offer you a scholarship opportunity
from the Jackie Robinson Foundation. We congratulate you on your impressive achievements to
date and trust you will continue to progress toward the realization of your college and professional
goals.</p>

<p>Wishing you well in your future endeavors, </p>

<p>Sincerely,</p>

<p>The Jackie Robinson Foundation</p>

<p>My impression is that rejection notifications go out first. So if you haven’t gotten one, odds look good. Again. I wish everyone the best of luck.</p>

<p>Thanks MDelight for sharing…I appreciate it.</p>

<p>I wish you and everyone the best!</p>

<p>still no word…excuse me while i go and bang my head against a tree…lol</p>

<p>How many of these are given out in total ?</p>

<p>Ding… it came much later in the evening.</p>

<p>Oh well…</p>

<p>Subsidized student loans – begin process…</p>

<p>I’ve heard that they usually award between 40 and 60 scholarships 2011 VAMom…I haven’t heard anything though yet so I dont know how many they’re going to give out this year :stuck_out_tongue: I’m still on pins and needles down here in Texas</p>

<p>Got it!!! Got “the call” yesterday from the Vice President of the Foundation :smiley: Whoooooop! God is good. Good luck to the rest of y’all! If anyone has any questions about the whole process for next year’s applicants, I’d me more than happy to help. Peace.</p>

<p>Hey guys, I’ve never actually posted anything on this thread because I didn’t feel like registering LOL but I have been following it for a LONG time and checking it everyday. I can definitely say that this is a very long and aggrivating process waiting to hear back from the JRF. But I got a call Wednesday saying that i got it!!! I’m from Houston, Texas. I just want to thank you all for posting things on this forum. It was really beneficial. Best of luck to those of you who still haven’t heard!</p>

<p>Could anyone who got in tell me their stats?</p>