Jewish Students Looking to Transfer This Spring--WashU Pilot Program

A lot of Jewish students are feeling unsafe at their schools and may be looking for an alternative option. No one should have to endure the hatred they are experiencing.

WashU started a pilot program today allowing students to transfer next semester. Housing will be available and they will have an orientation program in January.

WashU is about 25% Jewish and has been outstanding to their community during these difficult times. They have both a Chabad and Hillel and a Chancellor who truly cares about all students.

If your student is looking for an elite school with a supportive Jewish community, I would highly consider this option as an opportunity. Even if your student isn’t Jewish but doesn’t like the current campus climate, this is a great opportunity for them as well.

9 Likes

This is an outstanding opportunity for students to attend a world class National University.

5 Likes

There is limited financial aid available with this program - something to keep in mind for high need families.

3 Likes

And only one college. Still, I think it’s great WashU is doing this. Their gain.

4 Likes

I wonder if more colleges will follow suit. I’ve talked to a lot of parents looking to pull their kids from schools that are intolerable and unsafe. They are paying large sums and this is significantly impacting their experience in a negative way.

I’ll be curious how all of this will impact this year’s application cycle.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.