JMU Early Action for Fall of 2023

Early Action for incoming freshman, fall of 2023 at James Madison University.

3 Likes

Just under a week before the EA deadline! Good luck!

4 Likes

D23 applied through common app. Once she set up the portal, there was a banner across the top that said something along the lines of “Hey we notice you haven’t yet told us why JMU is the place for you - click here to update your profile”. So we thought maybe they do have some sort of supplemental essay that just doesn’t show up in the common app. However, when she logs into the portal now, it doesn’t show, and she cannot find any possible spot to upload something like this, to update her profile, etc. Starting to think we dreamt it lol. Has anyone seen this?

1 Like

I believe you are referring to the JMYou system. I think if you search for that, you’ll find it. It’s a way to engage with the university and other applicants, I think. I don’t know if they monitor it and use that engagement as part of the decision process, though.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen this either. We have been logging in to MyMadison.
This website was the least clear Of all colleges applied so far Imo

2 Likes

Has anyone received an answer from JMU?

1 Like

I believe they release mid-January.

1 Like

Does anyone know when they will release decisions? I’m assuming it will sometime next week, hopefully early next week :slight_smile: I’m getting so anxious waiting for the decision.

1 Like

In looking at old posts from last year, it looks like they released EA decisions on January 13. So I’m hoping it will be similar and we will hear something next week.

I think we’ll definitely hear next week cuz they’ve never released the decisions after January 13. In the past, I think they’ve posted them on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so I’m hoping it will be Tuesday maybe! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Anyone know when merit is released?

1 Like

hoping that the decisions will be released by friday🤞🏻 has anyone heard anything else from admissions?

1 Like

Nothing. Should be this week!

1 Like

I believe we found out this time last year when my son applied! Good Luck and Roll Dukesđź’ś

1 Like

yeah i definitely don’t think it will be after this friday, but hoping it comes out at the beginning of this week!!:crossed_fingers:t2:

They just posted this on Instagram

4 Likes

i hope that doesn’t mean past this week, so hopefully by the end of this week.

I don’t understand why they can’t just give a date and time. Why do they have to tell kids to keep checking their portal?

2 Likes

I know right, not knowing when it will come out makes me even more anxious every day. like I don’t even know how I will get through this week

1 Like

Saying later this month instead of later this week makes it seem like they need more time this year. I have a feeling kids will have to wait until the week of the 16th.

2 Likes