JMU Early Action for Fall of 2023

i hope not, but it does make it seem like that

Later this month?!!

1 Like

This reply looks like it should be this week.

3 Likes

i have a feeling they will probably post on friday, since the admissions office is not open of the weekend

1 Like

on the admissions Instagram they said they donā€™t typically release the decisions on weekends because they want to have staff available to answer emails for anyone who has questions about the release. they also said they are confident they will meet the deadline of ā€˜mid-Januaryā€™, so Iā€™m assuming it will either be this Thursday or Friday :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

One more factor is MLK Day on Monday so Tuesday seems more likely. Hope it works out for everyone!

1 Like

i think itā€™ll def be before this weekend, most likely Friday. they said they were confident that theyā€™d meet the mid-Jan (January 15) deadline

Hmm if they said they donā€™t release decisions on weekends in case there are questions then I wouldnā€™t get my hopes up for Friday since their staff will be off all weekend. Monday-Tuesday would be mid month exactly so thatā€™s my guess. I know thatā€™s so hard for the applicants that are dying to find out so Iā€™ll keep my fingers crossed for you for Friday @strawberrypatch!!! Hang in there! :blush:

1 Like

Thank you! :crossed_fingers:t2:

Also be mindful that the kids donā€™t go back until Sunday and classes resume on Tuesday.

2 Likes

do they go back this coming sunday?

1 Like

if so iā€™m assuming maybe they would post them before next week? so either tomorrow or friday hopefully!

1 Like

Yes, my son goes back Sunday. They are back in classes on Tuesday. Good luck!

2 Likes

Last couple of years they released decisions on the 12th or 13th. My son plays soccer at a high level-but has decided not to play in college-received an email yesterday from one of the JMU coaches. It was just a general invite for an ID camp. But he is not on their recruiting lists, so hoping itā€™s good news? I am sure I am reading too much into it. Best of luck to the kids!!!

1 Like

I am thinking if itā€™s not today it will be Tuesday. Late Friday wouldnā€™t make sense if they are concerned with the office being closed for the following 3 days when decisions come out.

2 Likes

yeah i donā€™t think they would post on friday since they will be out of office for 3 days and they want admissions to be on stand by for questions so i think it could be today maybe! :crossed_fingers:t2: if not today than it will prob be next tuesday

I think it will be next week. Their post said ā€œlater this month.ā€ I feel like it would have said ā€œlater this week,ā€ if that was the plan. Anytime next week is still considered mid-month. I hope Iā€™m wrong and itā€™s today!

2 Likes

theyā€™ve also said ā€œlater this monthā€ in the past but then release it a few days later, so who knows? but weā€™ll seešŸ¤žšŸ»

1 Like

Will they announce it early today if it is going to come out this evening? Or we keep checking

i think if they come out today the decision will be in your portal at around 12:30pm and should get a notification that a change was made in your portal at around 3pm. if they come out today they should be posting on their Instagram at around 3

2 Likes