JMU Early Action for Fall of 2023

Daughter accepted!

1 Like

DD was just accepted!

1 Like

accepted!!!

3 Likes

DD accepted! OOS, 3.75 wGPA, TO, good ECs and Leadership, excellent professional experience related to field of study (Communications).

1 Like

Sometimes there just seems to be no rhyme or reason. What were her stats? In state or OOS?

Did anyone OOS get their decision?

Yes we are in Md.

Accepted, OOS from Maryland.

1 Like

DD accepted. Business. Instate, Northern VA. Full IB diploma, 4.3gpa weighted, 1300 SAT, strong ECs.

3 Likes

Yes, admitted from NJ.

My twins both got in, VERY different students. We are OOS, MA.
Daughter, 3.8 GPA, all honors and 4 AP.
Son, 3.1 GPA, some honors
Both with good ECā€™s and went TO. Iā€™m a little surprised my son got in but he seems to be getting in everywhere.

3 Likes

Yes, OOS. 30 ACT, only 3.7 GPA, but from very rigorous independent school and well above the average stats for her schoolā€™s entry (they donā€™t do APs or rankings, but she has many advanced and honors), great ECs. Honestly, it just doesnā€™t make sense. 99.9% of students from her school who apply get accepted. I have to assume they just wait and take them at RD. Just so frustrating to keep getting deferrals from schools that are matches and safeties. Anyway, congrats to those who were accepted today!

Congrats to both, mind sharing where else your son was accepted? Curious as my son has similar GPA.

Iā€™m guessing possible yield protection given her stats? Hang in thereā€¦this can be a maddening process. Sigh.

Thank you! Most are schools in the Midwest- Xavier, Michigan State, Indiana, Miami U of Ohio, and Quinnipiac. Unfortunately, my daughter with much higher gpa, has gotten a handful of deferrals, although the schools she applied to are more competitive.

1 Like

My daughter got accepted! She is so happy. This was where she always wanted to go!

3.85GPA with honors and AP, did not submit scores. A lot of extracurricular activities. OOS

Also got in to Penn State and Pitt. Waiting to hear from Virginia Tech but her decision is made. Whew!

5 Likes

That is so frustrating! I would have thought sheā€™d be an easy admit with those stats.

I love to hear of kids knowing where they want to go, and then getting in. Congratulations!

2 Likes

Thatā€™s funny

Itā€™s hard to make sense of it all, and I feel like there is so much in the mix we donā€™t know about like when a school may want to encourage uptake in certain states. I also think boys get a softer look in some places because of the female/male ratios. I hope it works out for both of them!