JMU Early Action for Fall of 2023

Thank you, I agree. I do think boys have a bit of an advantage, all things being equal. And some of it seems so random. Good luck to your son!

1 Like

has anyone not heard, daughter says she has not received an email

So sorry. The worst!! This is a tough process.

You have to sign into mymadison and check status under applicant link.

1 Like

Son was accepted. IS, 4.3w GPA, honors and 7 APs, 1400 SAT, Eagle Scout. They said scholarship info would not be available until mid-February, which seems odd. Other schools have included it.

2 Likes

thanks

1 Like

OS D accepted. 3.4UW, honors, 2AP @ small rigorous private, Test Optional, Good Recommendations, EC sports, strong essay.

2 Likes

Does anyone know about merit scholarships?

My son’s acceptance said we would hear more in mid-February. He’s hearing the same thing from others at his high school.

Just an FYI - my S19 got his madison scholarship offer the last week in March. It came as an email from the department head.

Congrats to all newly accepted students!

1 Like

My son was accepted early action. 3.5 weighted GPA, 1330 SAT.

2 Likes

FYI - my son did not get an e-mail, but he checked in MyMadison anyway and the acceptance was there.

2 Likes

My son got accepted to JMU and also got in to Penn St and Pitt. Also waiting on VT!! Hahaha-he has no clue what he’s going to do!!

3 Likes

I guess I should have read the letter :slight_smile: One more question, there doesn’t appear to be any mention of his major and admission into his major, does that come separately?

D accepted. OOS. 3.6 uGPA with some Honors. Good ECs including good leadership. 1180 SAT, 24 ACT

2 Likes

Thanks! I need to stop reading this thread. Seeing these stats of accepted students, who are know are great students, but it just doesn’t make sense why she was deferred. She is a super well-rounded kid, great athlete, other service-related and leadership ECs, and strong academic stats. She would literally among the top of stats for kids accepted. Also, I went to JMU! So frustrating. Good luck to all!

2 Likes

Same exact position - though no VT, D applied to UNC - Chapel Hill.

1 Like

You could submit a decision inquiry. https://jmu.co1.■■■■■■■■■■■■■/jfe/form/SV_2t3KgbcPd7nNxVr I feel your frustration and wish your daughter good luck.

1 Like

I’ll look at it when he gets home, this was all conveyed to me via text while he was at school… he’s not so great with the detail over text… lol

We have had a similar experience at some other schools with deferrals for my son. No rhyme or reason, higher GPA and scores than those admitted from his school during this same round. Maybe have her reach out to admission rep? It is frustrating though. Good luck.