JMU MT Notifications

MT Decisions will be emailed within the next few days. All should be sent by the end of the weekend.

Thank you @KatMT . Will applicants receive artistic decisions if they were academically waitlisted or only if they were academically accepted? Can we assume an academic waitlist means it was a rejection from the department?

@KatMT does that include the transfers/kids already there?

@Thespiandad Transfer students will not hear until after they have been admitted academically to JMU. It may also be after May 1, because we have to get a sense of #s overall. However, some current JMU and transfer students (once admitted academically) may hear sooner. Transfers at JMU are on a slightly different timeline both for academic and program admissions.

@SingerDancerMom Only those admitted academically to JMU will hear from the program if they ahve been admitted. We only can admit students to the program who are academically admitted to JMU. If a student is admitted off the academic waitlist, they can contact us and we will reactivate their audition file, and let them know if we are able to offer them a space in the programs.

amending #21 – we will try to email all decisions to academically admitted applicants to the programs by the end of the weekend, but it may take though the beginning of next week. If you were admitted academically and have not heard from us by April 1, please call or email.

Thanks for the clafirication @KatMT

I still have yet to hear back for my artistic admission to JMU. Is this weird? Has anyone else heard back yet?

@College319 @KatMT in a post above said if you have not heard by April 1st let her know.

Please do email me at arecchkm@jmu.edu so we can figure out why you have not received it.

If you are a transfer student those decisions are sent on a different timeline, but please feel free to email me about that as well.