JMU or VT for biology

<p>I got accepted into both and trying to decide which is better for biology.</p>

<p>Im in a similar situation. I have to choose between Tech's Wildlife Science or Biology w/concentration in Ecology.</p>

<p>I decided on Tech mainly because I felt the WS webpage gave me a much better feel for the program and what I am getting myself into then the Biology page on JMU site. Another thing that made Tech more appealing for a science major was they dont have as many general ed requirements. The one negative (and I use that word loosely) I consistently hear from those who go/ have gone to JMU is all the genreal ed clusters.</p>

<p>At the end of the day you really cant go wrong going either way, which makes the decision that much harder.</p>

<p>msc, you are going to love the Wildlife Science department at VT! Great program.</p>

<p>I'm also having trouble choosing between JMU and Tech as a transfer student. Even though I got waitlisted at JMU, i'm still not sure about Tech. Have you heard anything about both of their bio programs?</p>

<p>VT is a much more recognized school. I am graduating from the Biochemistry program and looking into going to Gtown, UVA, Boston University, and USCali. I only have a 3.3. My friend graduated bio from JMU with about a 3.6 and an MCAT score that was in the 99th percentile (top 1%) and he did not get in ANY med school he applied to. Granted I did apply for graduate school instead of med school, that says a lot about JMU.</p>