JMU Scholarships

<p>Does JMU offer MT scholarships to incoming freshmen? Their website seems to imply this but an older post says otherwise. If available, how much are they worth?</p>

<p>Starting with the class that entered in the fall of 2010 we do have scholarships for incoming freshmen into the Musical Theatre (as well as the Theatre and Dance programs at JMU). They range from non-renewable $1000 (to $2000+) one-year partial tuition scholarships (these are decided upon by the School of Theatre & Dance, and can be offered to any student who auditions for the School of Theatre & Dance and is admitted both to the program and the university… to renewable scholarships (currently $2000 for year one, and rising each year by $500 to a maximum of $3500 in the senior year) which have both a talent and an academic merit component in the School of Theatre & Dance [The</a> Madison Achievement Scholarship Program at James Madison University](<a href=“Freshman Scholarships & Financial Aid - JMU”>Freshman Scholarships & Financial Aid - JMU). There are also some non-renewable and renewable scholarships offered by the College of Visual and Performing Arts to incoming freshmen… these range from $1000 - $1500 for the year.</p>

<p>Incoming freshmen who are interested in applying for larger awards should look into applying for the Dingledine [The</a> Dingledine Scholarship Program at James Madison University](<a href=“Freshman Scholarships & Financial Aid - JMU”>Freshman Scholarships & Financial Aid - JMU) and the Centennial Scholarships [OSAP</a> :: Centennial Scholars](<a href=“http://www.jmu.edu/centscholars/]OSAP”>Centennial Scholars Program - JMU).</p>

<p>There are also scholarships that continuing students in the School of Theatre and Dance are eligible to apply for starting in the spring of the freshman year [Theatre</a> Scholarships - James Madison University School of Theatre and Dance, Harrisonburg, Virginia](<a href=“The School of Theatre and Dance - JMU”>The School of Theatre and Dance - JMU)</p>

<p>Please let me know if you have any additional questions.</p>

<p>Kate</p>

<p>Thanks! This is most helpful.</p>

<p>How many of the 2010 MT freshman received scholarships through the School of T&D?</p>

<p>I sent you a PM</p>

<p>Can anybody who was a finalist for the dingledine scholarship offer any advice for the interview? I can’t seem to find anything anywhere relating to the types of questions that are asked or what the interviewers tend to focus on. Any sort of help from those who have experienced this would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!</p>

<p>Hi Freebird95 – This is the Musical Theatre forum for JMU… have you also posted on the “regular” JMU forum?</p>

<p>I teach at JMU and have a few current students who were finalists for the Dingledine… I am not sure that they would remember the interviews at this point though? If you email me at <a href=“mailto:arecchkm@jmu.edu”>arecchkm@jmu.edu</a> I can try to remember to email them to ask.</p>

<p>Congrats on being a finalist!!! I am not sure if it is still the case, but in the past being a finalist meant that you at the very least would be awarded a Madison Achievement Scholarship. Not sure if this has changed or not.</p>

<p>@KatMT Oops! I posted this on my phone and I didn’t notice. But thank you so much! Just to clarify, this doesn’t count as cheating right? I just want to be sure because I would be devestated if they found out that i was asking and had a negative image of me.</p>

<p>I don’t think it would be “cheating” :-)</p>

<p>Sent from my DROID RAZR using CC</p>