JMU TO VTECH Engineering

<p>I'm a JMU engineering student at JMU for freshman right now, after being waitlisted and rejected from the tech engineering program. I was wondering if it's better for me to transfer after a year or after two years when I'm a rising junior. Please give me some tips on what to do. I know JMU engineering is not that well compare to V tech so give me some suggestions please.</p>

<p>In talking with the VT admissions officers, they actually prefer that you transfer into VT Engineering from a community college (with whom they have an articulation agreement) than from another four-year school. They explained that because they have the guaranteed admissions agreement with the CCs, the CCs teach their Engineering classes in the same way (curriculum, etc.) as they do at VT, so it is an easier transition to the VT engineering program. </p>

<p>May I ask what your stats were, that were rejected at VT but accepted at JMU? Also, are you sure you won’t like the program at JMU?</p>

<p>I had a GPA of 3.85
With a SAT score of verbal 510, Math 690, and 500 Writing.
My SAT scores were pretty bad…
And I don’t think going back to NOVA or a community college is an option for me right now.</p>

<p>You should probably stay at JMU and try to transfer as soon as you can ( i think either this coming summer or next fall). Just get good GPA and you should be able to transfer.</p>

<p>Why did you go to JMU in the first place if Engineering is your goal? VT is much more established for that major. I’m surprised you got into one and not the other since their admission stats are virtually identical. My sister is in the reverse situation from you – is at Tech and looking to transfer to JMU to pursue better Hotel Restaurant Management internships and connections. she had originally wanted to go to JMU but was rejected.</p>