JMU transfer for Fall 2021

Hi! I’m wondering if any transfer students have been admitted for Fall 2021. My son is transferring through the guaranteed admission program but has not heard from JMU. His status is still listed as completed on MyMadison. I heard the GA transfers were usually the first group to get a decision.

I am applying as a freshman sophomore without guaranteed acceptance and haven’t heard anything back yet.

Okay. Thank you. I will post again once my son receives a decision.

JMU released transfer decisions today. My son was admitted. :tada:

My daughter applied as a transfer as a sophomore and has not yet heard either. Just wondering if you have heard back yet. I see your post was from 17 days ago so I was wondering if you have an update. I know they usually put out the notifications before their website states.

Yes, my son was admitted about a week ago. He applied as a guaranteed admission transfer. I have heard that GA transfers tend to get a decision first. Hope your daughter hears something from JMU soon. Tell her to keep an eye on her Mymadison account. The decision was posted there. Then a day later he received an email message.

Hey. I got in on April 1st. I believe they announced their decisions then so I would refresh the portal!