Job recruiting at VT

<p>Maybe a bit better job outlook for this year's grads based on the increased number of participating companies recruiting? It is nice to see a couple of articles that offer just a little good news on this front. Thought I would pass them on....</p>

<p>Employer</a> sign-ups for Business Horizons career fair surpass 2010, job outlook better for college students | Virginia Tech News | Virginia Tech</p>

<p>More</a> than 250 engineering companies, agencies to participate in Virginia Tech career fair | Virginia Tech News | Virginia Tech</p>

<p>I came extremely close to swinging a trip back to Blacksburg to recruit at the engineering expo again but ended up having a scheduling conflict. If you’re a current engineering student make a nice resume, put on some nice clothes, and just go.</p>

<p>It’s really important that you talk to recruiters in person and get their contact information, especially for large firms. They get thousands of resumes a day and most of them are run through a computer for keywords. If you actually talk to someone and then follow up afterwards, you are far more likely to get an interview.</p>

<p>Yeah, definitely. I work for one of the companies that doesn’t get as many resumes, and with those it is actually even more important to talk to the people. If nobody remembers who you are your resume goes into the “no” pile.</p>