Jobs?

<p>Hey,</p>

<p>So does anyone know how widely available jobs are on campus for students. Like do only one in five manage to get jobs? or are there alot of jobs available. My parents have said that I can only attend if I get a job on campus. Thanks!</p>

<p>working in a dining court is probably going to be the easiest job for you to get. you can apply online (purdue housing website) in the summer and if they hire you (probably will) you don’t need an interview. anywhere else is a little harder to get a job because of the limited spaces. also look at available jobs at the union, a lot of people forget there’s a lot of restaurants you can work at there.</p>

<p>what about international students ??</p>

<p>what about them, what do you mean? anyone can apply online for the dining courts or the union</p>

<p>ah yeah thats what i meant. thanks!! i thought international students would have problems with jobs because of the lack of a SSN or sth</p>

<p>ohh, i have no idea about that, sorry.</p>

<p>I don’t think int’l students can get a job on-campus if I recall correctly. I had a friend who was from Pakistan and he complained about finances to go to college. How you can’t get any financial aid and jobs?</p>

<p>was he referring to on-campus jobs or off-campus jobs ? i know you can’t work off campus ie fast food joints or clothing stores but im not too sure about jobs on-campus like mentioned above. it would sure be nice to be able to pay for the smaller items like books and stuff on my own. not to mention the extra spending money.</p>

<p>a couple of my friends mentioned that you could, which is how they got their SSN in their sophmore year</p>

<p>I’m not sure if he was talking about on-campus or off-campus. I’m sure if you e-mail the appropriate people at Purdue, they will probably tell you.</p>

<p>You shouldn’t have a problem finding a job on-campus or near campus (walking distance).</p>