Johnny Football slips another tackle

<p>1/2 game- really?</p>

<p>I know! Does not matter, the aggies are going to whine and cry.</p>

<p>Not a problem. The NCAA, in its infinite wisdom, has delegated Alabama to mete out Johnny Foolball’s actual punishment September 14. </p>

<p>Viewer discretion is advised.</p>

<p>Malanai, that’s what I’m talking about!</p>

<p>Just please, let Johnny play in that game. NCAA, please! Pretty please!</p>

<p>Pooooor Aggieees! Go get 'em, 'Bama!</p>

<p>I’m so desperate for the football season to start that I just purchased tickets to Hawaii’s opener against the University of Spoiled Children tomorrow. Just to give you an idea of how many universes we’re removed from 'Bama, not only were the seats available, I got them for face value at $16 apiece. </p>

<p>I know, I know. You get what you pay for. :)</p>

<p>$16 a piece? costs almost that much to go to a high school game around here! haha!</p>

<p>have fun!</p>

<p>^^^It’s not really football, Mike. It’s UH. ;)</p>

<p>I had a friendly family bet on the BAMA/TAM game with my cousin whose S is a freshman at TAM. We were going to wager Chicago Pizza versus Texas BBQ to the winner. Plus I got a nifty “Even The TIDE is bigger in Texas” shirt for his DS to wear as part of the bet when BAMA wins. </p>

<p>He then claimed the bet is off if either QB is out because of NCAA investigation! I thought I was gonna miss out on fabulous Texas BBQ if Johnny Football was sitting on the sidelines Sept 14! </p>

<p>So this is really good news! Plus I am really looking forward to seeing the picture of my cousins DS wearing that shirt at TAM!</p>

<p>Class2017Mom, come on down any time and us Tide fans will treat you to some Texas BBQ ;)</p>

<p>Should be interesting!</p>

<p>malanai, I think it cost us more than $16 to see my (older, not UA) son’s high school football games. That’s crazy.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>On the face of it, this seems quite crazy. Then there are the stats from 2012: 101st in the nation in passing yards, 114th in rushing yards, 102nd in points scored, 107th in points allowed, and a 3-9 record (beating only Lamar, UNLV, and South Alabama). In their 9 losses they gave up an average of 45 points per game. </p>

<p>My favorite stat, however, comes from the game against Air Force, which the Falcons won without throwing a single pass.</p>

<p>Hmm, I’m beginning to think I overpaid. ;)</p>

<p>Any college football is better than no college football. Maybe the bands will be good.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Exactamundo! Plus, the word on the street is that the weather should be pleasant. :)</p>

<p>Are you tailgating? What kind of food do they serve at football games in Hawaii? Anything special or different?</p>

<p>I won’t be tailgating, but here are a few items from The Hawaii Tailgate Cookbook: Ahi Cakes w/Sweet Corn Relish, Ahi Poke Musubi w/King Crab Namasu, Charbroiled Whole Kumu, Kalua Pig, Opihi Bag, Stir Fried Noodles, Miso Butterfish, and Mandarin Chicken Salad. </p>

<p>The last time I was at the stadium, the concessionaires served up the usual fare you’d expect. </p>

<p>Gimme Dreamland any day. :)</p>

<p>Well, it is all on the news here in Dallas. Even one of the big sports broadcasters blasted Johnny and A&M. The viewers comments are also not in favor of Johnny. Funny, on my FB all of the A&M folks are missing. They are not even posting non A&M chatter. </p>

<p>Did someone say Dreamland… mmmmm. Can’t wait for parents weekend to get me some.</p>

<p>Sounds like I need to get a copy of the Hawaii Tailgate Cookbook, yum.</p>

<p>The Dallas area watch party info can be found here [Tide</a> In Texas | Alabama Alumni Group](<a href=“http://tideintexas.com/alumni/]Tide”>http://tideintexas.com/alumni/)</p>

<p>The shirts are stored at that location and no one has access until the weekend, so you are out of luck for this time. Sorry.</p>