Johns Hopkins Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

Johns Hopkins University offers Early Decision but does not offer Early Action for freshman admissions.

The Fall 2022 admission Early Decision (ED) deadline for Johns Hopkins is November 1.

The Fall 2022 admission Early Decision II (ED) deadline for Johns Hopkins is November 1.

Source

All ED1 applications should receive an admissions decision by December 15. Last year, Johns Hopkins admitted 641 of the 2,047 applicants who applied early decision. The acceptance rate was 31.31%.

For more information visit the Johns Hopkins University page on College Confidential.

See updates and discuss results with other Johns Hopkins applicants.

Are you planning to apply early to Johns Hopkins University? Why Johns Hopkins? What questions do you have about applying early? Comment in the thread below.

To discuss other Johns Hopkins topics visit the johns-hopkins-university tag on CC Forums.

Have more information about Johns Hopkins Early Decision?

This post is a wiki and allows CC members to edit and update relevant information - just click the Edit button in the lower right corner. (You must be a registered user with at least Member level privileges to edit wikis).

Just curious. By last year, do you mean the class of 2024, not 2025? Do these numbers match press reports for the most recent class?

1 Like

Are you sure about this information? Perhaps I looked it up incorrectly, but I thought the website says the deadline for ED1 is November 1, NOT November 15 as this post states?

Maybe worth looking at college website. Don’t want people to be mislead by old data.

1 Like

You are so right, these numbers are NOT accurate. My daughter is class of 2025 and applied ED 1 and they accepted just over 500 students. I agree, go to the JHU site for accurate information.

Does anyone have the ED acceptance rate specifically for the BME program? Ive heard that it is significantly lower than the general acceptance rate.

2 Likes

I heard through the grapevine that EDI decisions are supposed to come out December 10th. Did any applicants hear directly from JHU that that is true?

My son received this email a few weeks ago.

Are results out?

Yes, Reject for us :frowning:

1 Like

Just heard my son’s friend got in

Happy to share my D got in!

8 Likes

Congratulations!

I am certain that you will find right college that will be great fit. Stay positive… you will be fine like so many others

Congratulations. What did she get accepted for?

Congrats to those accepted. Welcome to The Nest!

Happy to share my S got in for ME!

1 Like

Public health

2 Likes

My son got an email from JHU asking if he would like to change from RD to ED. Is this an indication of anything, positive or negative?