Johns Hopkins University Early Decision for Fall 2024 Admission

This is the official thread for those applying ED to Johns Hopkins University.

List your unweighted GPA, any SAT /ACT scores, and ECs. What majors are you going into?
Ask your questions, the CC community is here to help!

Deciding if we do ED test optional or 28 ACT, student has a 3.9 unweighted GPA.

A 28 ACT is well below their published range so definitely test optional. Good luck to you.

UW GPA: 3.91
SAT: 1480 (I’m probably not reporting that)
ACT: 34 (36 English, 36 Reading, 36 Science, 29 Math) I DID RETAKE in september and awaiting results. will update this when it comes out. I’m confident my math score went up.

My ECs are decent-above avg (not weak but not any major hooks)

Neuroscience Major.

Should I ED? I have a 4.0 unweighted and 6.04 weighted GPA. 6 AP classes taken and the highest ACT score I got was a 33 (but superstore makes it 34). Don’t have a ton of ECs but have 3 leadership positions and one I have been doing for a long time and gotten awards for.

If it’s your absolute #1 choice and is affordable, then yes. Have you visited and run the NPC?

Preparing for ED2. 3.6 UW (yes, I know…), 2nd gen Asian, 7 AP/2 DE, 35 ACT, NMSF, NSDA Academic All American, USABO semifinalist, regional science olympiad medalist, former varsity/state qualifier athlete (stopped after 10th), leadership in a schoolwide honor society and nationwide debate nonprofit and a few other minor things. The chances are slim at best and nonexistent at worst but I am in love with the school and the resources it offers.

3.84 uw, 1280 sooooo not reporting, my ECs aren’t great because I moved around in hs but I wrote about it in extra info. I loved my essays. I applied for ED1 and I’m so excited for result day! I love JHU so much hope it works out for all of us!

1 Like