Johnson Scholarship -- Class of 2022

Not a finalist. :frowning: Thought I had a shot at this–4.0, 36, 1590, SAT subjects 800 Math II, 770 Math I, 790 Bio. Must have been my essays… Congrats to those of you who made it–I’m sure your resumes are stellar!

D not a finalist :frowning: but we knew she would be on the bubble…3.95 GPA with a 32 ACT. Strong EC and community service and good essays, but sounds like many other qualified applicants.

Son not a finalist, 4.0UW 34 ACT. He felt bad for a while until he saw the other rejected students stats posted above. They must be “holistic” and looking at other qualities.

Good luck to the semi-finalists. They award 44 out of the 200, so about 20% rate.

Unfortunately this is goodbye to WLU for us. No way to pay the tuition without scholarship.

Not a finalist - yes @bogeyorpar same with us! It is a very expensive school and we have been given merit from other places that are half the price.

Not a finalist. 33 ACT, 3.9UW GPA with excellent leadership. We thought it would be a stretch, but worth the try. Good luck to everyone!

does anyone know what the scholarship weekend is like?

On their notification email, they said that the Johnson competition will include interviews, going to some classes, meeting current Johnson Scholars, and some other activities. If someone is going to create a Facebook group, please let me know! I am excited to get to know you guys!

For those who weren’t selected, don’t be sad! You are awesome in every way and you will achieve great things no matter what colleges decide. I have been rejected by many scholarships and summer programs, I get this feeling. Rejections made me stronger!

Selected as a finalist! 4.0 UW GPA, 4.53 W GPA, 36 ACT (35 in math, 36 everything else), 7 completed AP courses (six 5’s and one 4), 5 current AP courses, strong leadership in ECs, fairly strong essays, and my alumni interview went really well, which is what I think really pushed me over the top.

Have any other finalists been able to find the Johnson Visiting Procedures Form or the Photo Release Form?? If so, could you tell me where to find them?

no- i clicked on the photo release link but it just went back to the portal!

@kmuenste and @lilia3 same here

1 Like

@gclsports and @lilia3 the forms are up now!! :slight_smile:

is there a groupme or facebook page for finalists? :slight_smile: please post if there is.

@kmuenste thanks!

I registered, but when I go to fill out the Visitors Procedures form it takes me to my empty “Box” account. Anyone have the same problem or know where I can find the documents?

@reidd799 Go to the GHQ portal, select the Johnson Scholarship Competition tab, then click on “Johnson Visiting Procedures Form”. Should bring up a PDF

1 Like

I’m having a hard time with the Johnson documentation submission. How is it supposed to be done? Do we submit the forms without the signatures, or do we have to scan them with them signed and then post them to the GHQ? Could someone tell me how they did their forms/how they uploaded them?

1 Like

My daughter filled them out online, printed them, signed them, and then scanned them and uploaded to the GHQ.

Has anyone been contacted by the travel agency yet? I am not sure how the scheduling of the trip would work.

No, I’m pretty sure the travel agency is going to contact everyone next week. @HappySquirrel