Jones v. Onondaga

<p>I recently filled out the Roomate Preference form. I was under the impression that Jones was the quieter of the two halls and closer to most of the academic buildings. I'm really not into crazy partying, although I do want to meet new people. What's the general difference between the two halls? Are the rooms bigger in one? Is one cleaner? Thanks in advance for all the feedback!</p>

<p>*edit: Also, how do the bathrooms work? Are they coed? Is it one gender per floor?</p>

<p><a href=“https://www.geneseo.edu/residence_life/new-student-housing-residence-hall-rundown[/url]”>https://www.geneseo.edu/residence_life/new-student-housing-residence-hall-rundown&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>this may help you out a bit</p>

<p>I’ve read everything on the school’s website. I was actually looking for more of an ‘insider’s’ view! Thanks!</p>

<p>Hi! I’m currently a sophomore at Geneseo and lived in Jones last year, and I have to say that I absolutely loved it. To answer your questions: I think the rooms are about the same size, but I prefer the shape of the rooms in Jones. They’re more square shaped, while Daga’s are rectangular. I would say they’re about the same in terms of cleanliness, although Jones is significantly older than Daga, and there is obvious damage in some of the rooms. Also, last semester, the bathroom in my hall started leaking from the ceiling. That was extremely annoying, and while I’m unsure as to whether Daga had any similar problems, neither are in the best of shape. In both Jones and Daga, there are a few bathrooms per hall, and they are separated (as the sections of halls are) by gender. </p>

<p>Overall, I absolutely loved living in Jones. The location can’t be beat, and every lazy college student will tell you how awesome it is to walk 5 minutes to class opposed to the 15 from Daga. :slight_smile: But to be fair, my friends who lived in Daga all raved about it there. I think you’ll be happy living in either place!</p>

<p>Hope that helps!</p>

<p>Jones, Definitely. Very central. Onondaga is on south and a long walk in cold weather. You can always walk to Onondaga to see friends.</p>

<p>Jones is definitely the quieter, although older dorm. Rooms are a little smaller than Daga but then again, it’s not noticeable and you’re not going to college for the dorms, so when you’re actually here, you’ll be happier in an environment which is conducive to your personal preferences. Another suggestion I would offer is the little known, but very loved Niagara - it’s “far” from campus, but no one minds, and it’s got big rooms, and a very even mix of the craziest party people and coolest “nerds” on campus. As a member of both of these groups, I’m proud to say we all get along like a wonderful, insane family stuck together but loving it. I think we all learn a lot from each other because we’re so different and everyone is introduced to an experience outside their comfort zone and grows from it, be it the partiers spending a Saturday night playing Mario Party or a kid who thinks he’s Harry Potter leaving his room to go to a party on his eighteenth birthday. Geneseo’s the greatest!</p>