Journalism: Miami or Ohio?

<p>So I'm interested in possibly becoming a magazine journalist, and if I pursue that career, I've narrowed it down to these two universities.</p>

<p>Obviously, Miami appears to have the more appealing campus/location, but I've heard great things about Ohio's program. My other reservation (and I know this should have no bearing on my choice, but I'm an international student, and it is important, coming from so far away) is that Ohio accepts something like 85% of their applicants, and that leads me to wonder if they're all that selective (read: prestigous) about their journalism program.</p>

<p>The other factor is that, while not very much at all, Ohio is giving me about 5,700/year in scholarship money, while Miami (as far as I can tell) isn't offering anything. Of course, Miami is already more expensive to begin with, so if I were to spend the extra money, I'd want to know that it was worth it.</p>

<p>Basically: which program (based on prestige, campus, internships, magazine</p>

<p>id pick Miami hands down. Although ohio is giving u scholly money, its still gonna be around 25k a year if ur OOS. Miami can give u Financial Aid if u qualify and u should normally on average get about 10-20 k.
In terms of prestige and job placement Miami is a lot better. Campus is pretty subjective. In my opinion Ohio has a nicer campus but thats cause i like brick and that ivy league look feel. Miami is still gorgeous. Weather, we all know Miami has better weather. finally location. I got into Ohio U and Ohio State. Ohio State has a pretty nice location but Ohio University's location is prolly the worst in Ohio. its in the middle of noooowhere in Oh. Beatiful campus but nothign to do around! I mean seriously the town has about 5 or 6 streets of which main st is pretty much it. There isnt even a descent shopping center around. Im not a shopper but still it would be nice to have one in the area :D</p>

<p>Miami has an awesome location. if u like doing outdoor sports and enjoying the ocean. Miami has it all!</p>

<p>miami's communication school is in the top 20 for communication programs nationwide</p>