Journalism :)

<p>I am very excited for the journalism sub forum. I have a variety of schools on my list, I'm a sophomore so I still have time. I want to double major with acting and I'm also intrested in screenwriting. Here is my list for journalism schools:</p>

<p>NYU (I would be applying for acting)
USC
IU- Bloomington
Northwestern
American (applying for acting though)
George Washington</p>

<p>*UNC- CH, U Maryland and UGA are maybe's. I'm instate for UGA, but I don't really want to go to school in Georgia. I also have some liberal arts schools on my list, but they aren't really for journalism. I have Villanova, but it's not for journalism.</p>

<p>Sarah Lawrence
Reed (drama and playwriting)
Muhlenburg
New College of Florida
Flagler College
Swarthmore
Kenyon
Wesleyan U (film studies)
Colgate </p>

<p>Is this a good list of schools? I really wouldn't be majoring at journalism if I went to most of the liberal arts schools. I would like to go into print journalism. I would love to go into arts journalism and work at a travel magazine. I like Syracuse but more for their graduate program. Mizzou is a good school for print journalism, but I don't like the fact it's in Missouri. Any other suggestions? Thanks!</p>

<p>I’m believe that New College of Florida does not have any kind theatre/drama major. (Someone please confirm this as I’m only about 80% sure)</p>

<p>I think they have a minor, but that’s ok. Just because a school doesn’t have a major, doesn’t mean I won’t consider it. I could major in the Humanities or English.</p>