Juan Cole coming to UA Wednesday night

<p>[Liberty</a>, Power, and Dictatorships: US Foreign Policy in the Middle East by Juan Cole | Events Calendar - The University of Alabama](<a href=“Events Calendar - The University of Alabama”>Events Calendar - The University of Alabama)</p>

<p>Expert on the Middle East, and the impact of American Foreign Policy on the Middle East. </p>

<p>Liberty, Power, and Dictatorships: US Foreign Policy in the Middle East by Juan Cole
Date: Wednesday, March 09, 2011
Time: 06:00 PM - 08:00 PM

<p>Categories: Lectures and Speakers</p>

<p>Professor Juan Cole will discuss the history of the Middle East in the context of liberty and power as influenced by US foreign policy. Given the recent events in the Middle East, this will be a timely lecture with a lively Q & A. Refreshments will be served. Bloggers and media are welcome.</p>

<p>Contact Info: Alina Coryell, 657-3700, <a href="mailto:mrsalina@me.com">mrsalina@me.com</a></p>

<p>bumping this up</p>

<p>Cole was speaking out about the events surrounding the Iraq War well before it was politically safe to do so. Sure wish I could attend.</p>

<p>Bumping because this is tonight!</p>

<p>Gah I wish I had the time to attend! It sounds utterly fascinating. UA always has good guest speakers/lecturers, but I can never fit it into my schedule. So frustrating.</p>

<p>It is great that there are so many activities to pick and choose from. Something for everyone.</p>

<p>anyone know if it will be taped?</p>