Junior OOS transfer (CHEM ENGINEERING) CHANCE ME PLS!

Hi guys,

I an out of state applicant from Washington State. I applied to UCB, UCLA, UCD, UCI, UCSB, UCSD for chemical engineering.

Below are my stats

GPA is probably my weakest stat
CC GPA : 3.61 (currently, will be 3.7 or close to 3.7 by the end of this fall)

PREREQ GPA : 3.3 (will be 3.4-ish after this fall quarter)
I will be most likely to miss a biology course and a programming course (matlab), note:some UC don’t require these two.

Personal Statement should be my strongest part (I had 4 people look at it and they said it’s great).

Experiences, Volunteers, Jobs (should be great too but some jobs that I have done does not relate to my major)
-Math tutor for students with disabilities
-Expeditor, helping companies/sole proprietors in Indonesia to get goods from China (yes, for real, I am not originally from US).
-Grounds maintenance worker
-Store manager
-Multilingual. Speak 4 languages fluently almost on daily basis.

Please no need to remind me about the out of state tuition crap, I know it is expensive, if not then I wouldn’t have applied.

Also is it true that UCs don’t consider your cc grades in spring and winter quarter? I know that around January 2016 we have to update our fall 2015 grades, so it definitely matters, how about the winter and spring quater grades? anyone know?

Thank you guys! I will chance you back if you need to!

I would post this in the UC transfer thread: http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/uc-transfers/

Great posters that could help you with your chances and questions.