Junior Visiting Duke

Hi everyone! I am a current junior from NYC who is planning on visiting Duke University next week! Could any current students give some recommendations for where to eat/visit/etc?

Stayed at the Duke- was ok.
Definitely grab a bite at the Brodhead Center to get an idea on the campus food situation- they got it good over there!
Off campus, went to Juju as was recommended by a student- a DEFINITE stop with good food.
Have fun! good luck!

Awaiting RD…

1 Like

The Nasher Museum is worth a look (easy walk from Admissions/Visitor Center), and the attached cafe does a great weekend brunch (with Champagne and Bloody Mary’s for the adults).

I think the Lemur Center is closed this time of year but worth getting tickets for a tour when it’s open.

The students are camped out in tents at K-Ville right now for the upcoming Duke/UNC BB game.

As previous poster mentioned, Brodhead Center/Wu is the primary dining facility on West Campus with lots of great food options. All sorts of food choices in and around Durham, we like Cucciolo Osteria and Taberna Tapas to name just a couple. For a lower cost option, my current Dukie freshman likes Alpaca Peruvian Charcoal Chicken near East Campus.

If you’re a STEM student, check out the new (as of 2021) Wilkinson Engineering building on West Campus, or see if you can find a student to let you in to take a peek at the Foundry makerspace in Gross Hall or the Technology Engagement Center across from Wilkinson.

Enjoy the visit!

2 Likes

Go check out Ninth Street. Lots of students go there. Downtown Durham is cool too. Ninth Street is adjacent to East Campus.

1 Like

JuJu’s for dinner.