Just applied to Arizona

<p>Well I just got my application in to Arizona. I am wondering what you guys think of it. How are the academics? What is the social life like? I like going to parties, but truthfully I find they get boring after a while and you meet a lot of stupid people who think drinking is life, are there a lot of things to do around there besides just going to parties? How big are the upper division chem classes? Feel free to add any information you want in here I’d love to hear all I can about the school. Thanks!</p>

<p>Here's what I can tell you based off of hearsay: </p>

<p>There is a fair amount of partying, probably a bit more than the average college. It's definitely more of a "let's drink cheap beer" attitude than a "let's sit back and have a glass of port" atmosphere. However, depending on your major (engineering especially) you might have more studying to do and less partying. Tucson has some interesting attractions- lots of desert, so if you're into hiking and all that jazz, it's great for that too. If you like theatre, there are plays you can attend from time to time (nowhere near New York, but if you live where I live, it's better.) There are also tons of clubs simply because of the sheer mass of students attending. </p>

<p>Upper division classes in general have less students; yeah, you will definitely have big classes if you go to U of A, but that's a fact of life when you go to a big state school. </p>

<p>If you're from out of state, you can ask me anything else and I can get back to you. I know enough about U of A to say a couple of things about the campus and whatnot. If you're in-state looking for what current students say, then you shouldn't really be asking me though. :P</p>

<p>I am a current student. PM me and ask me anything. And any kid that doesn't drink cheap beer in college is probably a spoiled rich kid.</p>