Just.Can't.Wait.Until.Saturday

<p>:( :frowning: :frowning: :(</p>

<p>don’t know why Saban didn’t use the timeouts at the end of regular play and just “go for it.”</p>

<p>LSU didn’t have very good stats last night at all. They didn’t deserve to win.</p>

<p>Anyone hear if Kirkpatrick is OK? That hit made me sick to my stomach. I have not seen any postings about his status.</p>

<p>^^^From Saban’s postgame conference it looks as though Kirkpatrick suffered a concussion. I couldn’t find anything else.</p>

<p>Thanks loring, that is about all I saw too. During the game they said he was dizzy. Hope it is mild. Wonder what the college FB standards are for return to play after a concussion.</p>

<p>m2K: don’t know why Saban didn’t use the timeouts at the end of regular play and just “go for it.” LSU didn’t have very good stats last night at all. They didn’t deserve to win. </p>

<p>Interesting take on things…
[Alabama</a> coach Nick Saban is thoroughly outcoached by LSU Tigers coach Les Miles - College Football News | FOX Sports on MSN](<a href=“http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/LSU-Tigers-Alabam-Crimson-Tide-Les-Miles-Nick-Saban-thoroughly-outcoached-110511]Alabama”>http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/LSU-Tigers-Alabam-Crimson-Tide-Les-Miles-Nick-Saban-thoroughly-outcoached-110511)</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>I hate how the sports media tends to rewrite history when it comes to games. A game can be close and, in this case, the losing team posted stronger stats, and yet they will report as if the winning team did all the right things. Ugh! </p>

<p>LSU played horribly last night, which is why their stats were so poor.</p>

<p>Generally with concussions, the player has to be out for at least a week. Only rarely can they play the following week.</p>

<p>Is there any hope for a rematch?</p>

<p>I am sooooo bummed!!</p>

<p>Bama rank is now #3 in the BCS. While there is hope, it’s probably unheard of for a team who isn’t going to win its conference to be in the championship game.</p>

<p>I think the SEC needs to get rid of its East and West divisions for football and just rotate their opposing teams. Then have the 2 best teams play for the SEC championship. Either that or remix the E and W, cuz for the past few years the East has been markedly inferior.</p>

<p>Oklahoma played in the game a few years ago without winning their conference. Keep hope alive. Just need Oklahoma state and stanford to lose.</p>

<p>NJ-
Listened to every scenario possible for 9 hrs on the road trip home. Husband is very thorough and methodical in his thinking…my head was spinning from all of his scenarios but basically he said the same thing; root against Stanford and Oklahoma State…</p>

<p>Thanks again!</p>

<h1>3 in the BCS isn’t bad, even though we’ll probably need both Oklahoma State and Stanford to lose in order to get a rematch with LSU. Stanford, because they’ll play Oregon and also a conference championship game, might be able to pass Bama. Another way we could get into the game is if LSU loses to Arkansas… that’ll create a 3 way tie in the west, where the highest ranked team in the BCS goes to the conference championship game.</h1>

<p>Just need Oklahoma State and Stanford to lose.</p>

<p>And LSU…it is beatable.</p>

<p>asaunmom- Also, root for Arkansas against LSU! If they win, there is a chance we could get into the SEC championship game.</p>

<p>Oh, that’s a given! I will ALWAYS root AGAINST LSwho!!</p>

<p>LSU deserved to win by virtue of scoring 3 more points than Bama. </p>

<p>Interesting to see how the rest of the season plays out. If Stanford loses to Oregon, quite possible; and OSU loses to OU also quite possible, what happens?</p>

<p>Assume Boise and Houston go undefeated; Boise with a weak schedule, Houston with - forget Houston. If LSU is undefeated, and everyone else (meaningful) has one loss do you take a one loss Pac 12, Big 10, or Big 12 champ, or Bama. Bama has the toughest schedule, but is hurt by not playing a in a conference championship game. Very interesting.</p>

<p>it really gets nuts if Arkansas beats LSU; in that case i think the highest BCS ranked SEC West team gets the nod to the SEC Champ game; likely LSU based on non-conference sched that included Oregon and WVU?</p>

<p>Should be fun.</p>

<p>Stats21- If Oklahoma State loses to OU, neither of them will be ranked higher than Bama. They don’t get a conference championship game anymore. Boise, even if they go undefeated, will get screwed over like always. Stanford is behind Bama now, and it isn’t a sure thing that they will pass Bama even if they win out, since whoever they end up beating in the Pac 12 championship game will be terrible. </p>

<p>I think if LSU loses to Arkansas, Bama will be the highest BCS ranked team.
Say Ok. State loses… Bama goes to #2.
Arkansas beats LSU, you’d have to think they drop a spot… you just don’t lose a game and retain your spot. Bama lost in a close game to the #1 team, and still dropped a spot.</p>

<p>tommy,</p>

<p>That is reasonable, but if Ok State wins out they are in. So if LSU loses do they go to 2, with bama at 3, or do they drop lower?</p>

<p>In LSU’s favor is that they had a tough non conference schedule (although the WVU win looks less impressive over time) while Bama’s non-conference is weak (although PSU win is starting to look a bit better). They would have road (or ns) victories over 3 then ranked opponents and 3 more at home. i believe Bama would have only 3 victories against then ranked opponents. The fact that the Arkansas loss would be late would weigh against the Tigers.</p>

<p>Either way it will be very interesting.</p>

<p>*So if LSU loses do they go to 2, with bama at 3, or do they drop lower?</p>

<p>*</p>

<p>They should drop lower because Ark is a lower ranked school. You don’t get to lose to a school ranked #8, and then just drop to #2. That would be crazy.</p>

<p>Not necessarily true. LSU has more quality wins and won head to head on the road. I think Bama would be on top, but not completely sure,</p>

<p>The Oregon - Stanford game is huge. If Oregon wins it eliminates an undefeated, which helps the Tide immeasurably, and bolsters LSU’s resume as the Ducks will likely move into the top 5. If Stanford wins they will in all likehood move to #3 with Bama dropping to 4, making a rematch a tough road.</p>

<p>Stanford is ravaged with injuries and the Ducks are tough. Interesting stuff.</p>

<p>tommy, your scenario re the SEC championship isn’t completely accurate unfortunately. </p>

<p>While it’s true that in a tie the highest ranked BCS team wins the tiebreaker, The SEC has a clause to that. If it’s a 3 way tie and the top 2 ranked teams are within 5 spots of each other in the BCS rankings then the 3rd team is thrown out and it goes head to head between the 2 top ranked teams. This clause was put in a few years ago after something similar happened in the Big 12 between Oklahoma & Texas.</p>

<p>So for Bama to get to the SEC championship game we’d not only need LSU to lose to Arkansas. We’d need for both us and Arky to jump LSU in the BCS rankings. Then LSU would be thrown out and we’d win the head to head tie breaker against Ark. All other scenarios we’d lose out.</p>

<p>It’s unlikely that Ark will jump LSU in the BCS rankings though even if they were to beat them.</p>

<p>IMHO our best bet is for LSU to win out. And for Oregon or Notre Dame to beat Stanford and for Texas Tech or Oklahoma to beat Oklahoma State. I think there is a great chance that Stanford loses one. OK st losing will be more difficult but it can certainly happen.</p>