Just got accepted!

<p>I thought I wasn't going to find out if I got in until April. I applied regular decision in December. I'm out of state too. The guest account told me I was offered admission and gave me a link to accept the offer. No letter or email yet. Nothing about Engineering either. What up with this?</p>

<p>Congrats!!!</p>

<p>We’re you accepted to the honors program? Decisions seem extremely early. Congrats!</p>

<p>nicdok – congrats! My son’s observation was similar for early decision this year. Two days later a letter confirmed the major. I believe this may be the case for you, although I don’t have any experience with regular decision offers. If you are still unsure, wait for 2-3 days for a letter to confirm.</p>

<p>My son was just accepted too. OOS. No info on major yet (applied Engineering). We will wait for the packet. I don’t know why he found out early. He is a bright, hard working kid, but not Honors candidate. It may be a legacy thing (just a guess). My daughter is a sophomore at VT and two years ago we had to wait until the end of March.</p>

<p>Good luck to all of those still waiting to hear. I know it is agonizing.</p>

<p>Glad I checked here this morning… OOS son also accepted this morning! :slight_smile: He also applied to Engineering, but no word on that… VT is MY first choice for him, not sure yet if it’s his… we shall see, but I’m a happy mama!</p>

<p>Can’t log in. I think I logged in yesterday or the day before without a problem. Others?</p>

<p>Got in no problem about an hour ago… keep trying!</p>

<p>That’s awfully early. Congratulations. For everyone else - there are no negative implications for those who have not received word yet. Virginia Tech receives many applications and your application may not even have been reviewed yet. I know with DS#1 we were starting to get nervous because others had received their acceptances weeks in advance. After 3-4 weeks of hearing “yeah!” from other applicants we called Admissions with our concerns. They told us that they try to let applicants know positive decisions as early as possible but they might not even begin to review some until well into March. So, don’t worry if you don’t hear soon.</p>

<p>In-state DD was notified of her acceptance last night via email to check her VT page. No indication on whether she was accepted to her major, and I believe she said honors decisions are not ready yet (though I didn’t see the page itself). Anyone else find their website hard to use?!</p>

<p>Are those of you have seen this ‘acceptance’ for students who have applied for honors program? From what I can gather, honors program seems to get notification earlier than non-honors, as well as foreign students and transfer students. Please post your status on this so we can get a ‘feel’ for the group of students who are getting notification.</p>

<p>I’m sure we’d all like to hear of any cases of notifications from just plain 'ole regular admissions: ie. U.S. citizen high school seniors, non-honors, regular decision time frame.</p>

<p>My son checked his status yesterday (he did not receive an email saying he was accepted) and it appears he is accepted…Engineering major who did apply for Honors Housing and the Engineering Dean Scholarship. OOS & Legacy (mom attended). </p>

<p>A few comments:

• Several days after he applied (applied Jan 8), he recieved an email from Va Tech about applying to the Honors Program and for the dean scholarship by Feb 1. While he was not accepted at this point, he went ahead and submitted the paperwork.
  • Yesterday he recieved a email from Tech about recieving the FAFSA. No other email indicating he was accepted.
  • He decide to check his status late last night…on the first page it said Fall 2013. Then when you click that it has a few things on that page including where you can accept admission and send $400. But we found the site to be very confusing because it doesn’t specifically say he got admitted to Engineering. For those who apply to Tech for engineering you know you must declare a second choice.</p>

<p>Hope that helps.</p>

<p>I can’t Login either. </p>

<p><a href=“Login | Virginia Tech”>Login | Virginia Tech; </p>

<p>That is the right site, right?</p>

<p>My son was accepted also. Logged onto the Application Status Page. Clicked on Fall 2013 and saw the Congratulations!</p>

<p>No word on Honors or Engineering. Assuming that info will be will be in the snail mail.</p>

<p>CONGRATULATIONS everyone! Just wanted to tell you that my son’s login changed to “Congratulations…”, but not word about Eng. on the login page. Then a couple weeks later a letter arrived telling him he’d been admitted to College of Eng.</p>

<p>ThatRandomGuy…that’s the right site. My problem was that my daughter changed the password last night when she started hearing about her friends being accepted. My daughter was not accepted/denied. From talking to the girls at school, she said the shoe-ins got acceptances. We’re not a shoe-in: 28 ACT/3.4 GPA</p>

<p>Yes, S applied to Honors and also applied for Dean’s Scholarship. OOS, 34 ACT, 3.91 UW GPA, 4.62 W GPA, lots of EC’s, max AP’s he could take, part-time job, etc. Congrats to everyone who got in so far!</p>

<p>Congrats to everyone! I too believe this to be the earliest I remember students posting their RD acceptances. They seem to be doing things a bit differently this year. My d (ED) got an email saying the sign ups for orientation were going to be delayed until late February. (They had originally said they would go up Feb. 11) I wonder if that has anything to do with these acceptance notices going out earlier. </p>

<p>High fives all around to all of the newest Hokies! :)</p>

<p>DS received his acceptance today, too. :)</p>

<p>In-state, 2220 SAT, 4.5 weighted GPA (IB diploma program), and just a few EC’s (but he’s pursued all of them over many years). Applied to Pamplin Business School and Honors (he hasn’t heard from them yet). </p>

<p>Depending on how Tech’s financial incentives stack up against other schools’, I’d say Tech is going to have a new Hokie (following in the footsteps of his mother, grandfather and favorite uncle)!</p>

<p>I got accepted, too, but I’m not sure if the whole honors being accepted earlier thing is true, because my SAT scores are too low. I am out of state from CT. 3.92 W GPA, 1280 SAT 1600, 1950 SAT 2400. I have a lot of clubs and am in NHS.</p>