Just got accepted!

<p>did you apply for engineering?
because if you didn’t, then your stats are still better than a lot of people who apply to the arts/sciences/businesses school, so it makes sense that you’d hear back early</p>

<p>I didn’t get an invitation to honors+housing, but I applied and I think I’m pretty well qualified. I sent that and the deans/davs on like January 30th, so I don’t expect to hear for a while(deans/Dave scholarships will apparently be notified on march 31). I’m waiting on scholarships, honors, and acceptance to engineering before accepting the offer though. This is an exciting time!</p>

<p>If you haven’t heard yet, just hang in there. Two years ago my D had to wait until late March, but was accepted to Engineering with scores that were in the 25-50% range for the engineering school (and she is doing great). I know it’s hard to wait, we’ve been there.
My S just was just accepted. Regular Decision. He applied Engineering (not clear if that’s what he got). His stats were wGPA 3.89 (AP Calc AB and BC, AP English), SATs 660 M and 570 CR. We are OOS.
Congrats to all accepted and good luck to all that are waiting.</p>

<p>Are all of you who discovered these early Honors program applicants? When he signs in on his account, son does not see anything other than that he applied for fall 2013.</p>

<p>@dowzerw my S is not an Honors applicant/candidate. When he signs on to his account, on the Application Summary Page, the first section is “Name and Address”; the next section is “Application Data.” In this section it shows “Admission Term” (Fall 2013), “Admission Type” (Regular Freshman Applicant), and “Decision” (Offered Admission). Then it says “Congratulations” and click here to pay your $400 deposit.</p>

<p>I hope that helps.</p>

<p>We have: </p>

<p>Admission Term: Fall Semester 2013
Admission Type: Regular Freshman Applicant
(There is no “Decision” field)</p>

<p>We do have one acceptance: University of Kentucky, which is #6 on my D’s list, so the wait is not unbearable. But, Tech is #2, so getting an acceptance to Tech would be a nice climb up the ladder.</p>

<p>I saw these posts…THANK YOU!!! I thought we had to wait until April 1. My daughter just checked and she was accepted! We are OOS. Her friend’s mom just called admissions (didn’t have login and pw at the office) and found out her daughter also got in. VTU office said they’ve posted about 25% so be patient.</p>

<p>I did not apply to engineering.
And thanks. :-)</p>

<p>Anyone from in-state, NON honors hear yet? Seems, OOS and honors are hearing first. I’d be curious to know the semester end date for those of you who are hearing acceptances. Our in-state school district semester ended 1/25 with report cards released on 2/8 - so I’m thinking that Tech could still be sorting thru a lot of these semester grades. Perhaps districts that had the semester end earlier were looked at first?</p>

<p>Although I would love to receive a positive answer, my records indicate admissions has not received my mid-term grades and I hope they look at those before making a decision. Congratulations to those already accepted.</p>

<p>Sevgrad - Do you have a spot on your admissions page that is particular to "mid-term transcript/grades’?. My DS does not have a spot for that. There is no indication if they have or have not received them, so I don’t know if this is something that eventually will be indicated. Does anyone’s page state - “mid-term grades: date received”??</p>

<p>We are in-state. There is a field for HS Transcript and it is “Received” on 1/21/2013. But, that is prior to the end of our semester - 1/25. I also got an e-mail yesterday from the University of Richmond that they have not received our mid-year report. I asked my D to stop by the counselor and either get an explanation or have them resent.</p>

<p>In reply to the person asking about semester end dates – I don’t think that’s it. My S got his acceptance yesterday and his guidance counselor hasn’t even sent the mid-year grades in yet. The semester just ended on 1/28. I also don’t think Honors has anything to do with it – in typical fashion, he didn’t submit his Honors application until the very last day, 2/8!</p>

<p>My guess is it’s either just random luck, depending on where in the pile the application is sitting, or some other factor, such as SSN, birthdate, etc.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>The 1/21 transcript would have just shown grades through junior year. The website says your D has until 2/27 (I think that’s right – best doublecheck if you’re worried) to get them the mid-year report. As I mentioned above, our school’s counselor hasn’t submitted mid-year reports yet (she’s given stragglers until today to get all their requests in). If your D’s credentials are strong, Tech may not really care about her mid-year report anyway.</p>

<p>gigagirl, under Requirements I have a High School Transcript block which is larger than the other blocks that lists what was received, meaning there is space for an additional line for mid year reports. But no, there is not a specific notation for mid year transcripts. I do have an additional block with the notation Final High School Transcript.</p>

<p>If you read past threads on this subject (previous years) I found that VT has notified Honors eligible kids earlier, which makes sense to me as they want to draw those kids to Tech and if they wait until April 1st many kids will have already heard from other schools and possible have made decisions to go elsewhere… guessing Tech wants to keep themselves in the mix, and I am glad for that! I really loved VT and would love for S to go, but of course he had already heard from HIS first choice quite awhile ago. I’m hoping now that both are on the table, he will start considering VT much more seriously. :)</p>

<p>Sevgrad - yes same here on the layout of the admissions page. Our high school says that they automatically mail out mid-terms to all schools the students have applied for, no need to request. I have e-mailed the counselor just to verify this and the specific date it was sent. My son went up from 3.8 to 4.0 in weighted GPA, up 11 rankings in his class and has a good course load/grades for his senior year, so I think these mid-terms could help him. I believe he is a bit above average for VT general admissions and a bit above the low end for engineering admission as of the end of his junior year.</p>

<p>I expect we will hear at the usual time - late March - but, it would be a nice surprise to hear earlier as some have. Congratulations to those that have!!</p>

<p>Based on the feedback here and curiosity, I just checked my DS application - shows as Admit, no honors or scholarship mention though.</p>

<p>Just FYI… Last year my S found out this same weekend online that he was accepted and it also stated College of Engineering. We are OOS and he was honors eligible. He then received an actual admissions packet within a week . He didnt receive a letter/ invitation to Honors until several weeks later. Some received their invitations much earlier. The Admissions office stated that they send out invitations for Honors throughout March. Last year they sent out this wave of acceptances in February and then not again until spring …late March?? check last years posts…</p>

<p>Hi, I am a HS senior who is applying to the VT engineering program.
ACT Math: 35
ACT English: 30
ACT Reading: 34
ACT Science: 28
ACT Cumulative: 32
GPA: 3.86
Lots of AP and ECs
I logged into my applicant page today, and saw what many have seen about the $400 matriculation payment. The page also said that I had been offered admission to my 2nd choice major, Math. (Hopefully due to my high ACT score)
Could my admission to the Engineering program still be pending?</p>