Just got Back from UCSD Admit Day - Suprised!

<p>Already posted on UCSD Site but thought it worthy to post here as well incase anyone is still on the fence. We were both suprised and pleased with what UCSD had to offer. We heard all the horror stories re: social life, dead school, “triton Eye” etc… and worried for our son on whether he would be happy or not. Let me tell you that after visiting, we couldn’t be more happy or excited for him (He’s jumping off the walls waiting for Sept. now!!) We arrived on Friday before to tour around campus and get a typical student day without all the pomp and circumstance of admit day. First of all, the campus is beautiful with much greenary and trees. We popped into a couple of lecture halls, the professors seemed very into the lectures and the students were attentive. Speaking of students, there were all kinds of different types. You had your typical serious student but there were also many surfer/skateboard types, atheletes, fraternity/sorority etc… Many good looking both male and female - blows triton eye myth! Our son is in Marshall and we were very impressed with the Marshall College area. The OVT food court overlooks the ocean - great views!! There seemed to be quite a few food choices and it all looked good. We loved the idea of 10 people in a suite. Yes the bedrooms are small but it seems you spend most of your time with your suitemates in the common area. Like a little apartment, great way to make close connections etc… We thought this was much nicer than the typical high rise dorm with small cramped rooms and long hall ways!!! There also seemed to be a lot of pride in the students themselves, many of them wearing UCSD garb etc… So of couse we ended our day buying out the book store, loading up etc… (just had to get my UCSD MOM bumper sticker!!) To sum it up, We are both proud and thrilled for our son to attend such a prestgious and beautiful campus and await all the stories of his experiences with great anticipation!!</p>

<p>Wow, great post. I'm happy to hear that you and your son love UCSD. Thanks for giving the school some love.</p>

<p>Thanks for posting this, I decided on UCSD a week or two ago but couldn't go to admit day. This makes me feel way excited about going!</p>