Just got HORRIBLE SAT scores - chances please

<p>I’m a junior at CA suburban and pretty decent public school</p>

<p>**GPA/Rank: **
I have a few blemishes on my transcript (2 C’s first semester freshman year)
RANK - top 5% (18 of 390)
U - 3.68, W - 4.4
UC capped - 3.92, uncapped - 4.36</p>

<p>**SAT: ** 1910 - will retake
**SATII: ** BioE - 640, (will take Math II and Chem)
**APs: ** Bio - 4, (taking 4 more this year and 5 next year)</p>

<p>**A-G Course Load: ** about 60 semester Units
by the end of the senior year will be:
**10 APs, 8 Community College classes, 5 Honors<a href=“all%20academic%20classes%20are%20Honors/AP/CC%20level”>/b</a></p>

<p>**ECs: <a href=“12%20grade%20predicted”>/b</a></p>

<p>SPORT

• Varsity tennis (lettered) at school - 9,10,11,12 (team is 1st / 2nd in League)
  • Community tennis club - 9,10,11,12 play tournaments 2-3 times /week (6 weeks/year) - summer</p>

<p>MUSIC

• Piano - 12 years
  • Voice:
    School choirs (including award winning most selective school vocal group) - 9,10,11,12
    Private voice lessons - 11,12
    Nor-cal Honor Choir - by audition - 10, 11,12
    Regional Honor Choir - by audition - 11,12
    Music Scholarship Competition ( 4 counties) - 1st place in Voice</p>

<p>THEATER

• Musicals - 10, 11, 12 - leads</p>

<p>DANCE

• Ballet - 9 years training and performances</p>

<p>COMMUNITY SERVICE
not much - 30 hrs/year - 9,10,11,12</p>

<p>LEADERSHIP

• Selective community involvement and leadership program - 11
  • Church youth group Board Member - 9
  • Choir council - 11,12</p>

<p>EMPLOYMENT

• Elderly Care - 9 (18hrs/week (16 weeks)), 10 (18hrs/week (8 weeks))
  • Summer Camp - counselor - summer after 10 - (3 weeks)</p>

<p>please chance for: **UCLA, UCSD, UCD, UCSB **</p>

<p>Your SAT scores aren't that low, but for UCLA and UCSD they are. I think you could get into SB but not Davis with them.</p>

<p>make sure you're calculating your GPA without counting freshman year; that year doesn't count.</p>

<p>UCD-match
UCSB-match
UCLA-reach
UCSD-reach</p>

<p>1910 is a very good score just not quite good enough for UCLA or UCSD.</p>

<p>"Your SAT scores aren't that low, but for UCLA and UCSD they are. I think you could get into SB but not Davis with them."</p>

<p>Uhhh correct me if I'm wrong but UCD's admission rate is about 20% higher than UCSB's. </p>

<p>If anything, OP can get into Davis but not SB.</p>

<p>UCD accepted 70% of its applicants last year (Class of 2006). This year it's gonna be about half which is on par with UCSB.</p>

<p>Thank you everyone.
I called my scores horrible because they are much lower than my PSAT. I also have done several practice tests from the Blue book and never got a score lower than 2200+. On the actual test I answered every question and was unsure about just a few. So that is why it is killing me.</p>

<p>More opinions about my chances?</p>

<p>It's been awhile since I was in hs but you have more chances to take the SAT don't you?</p>

<p>if you are really worried about the SAT, i would recommend taking the ACT. UC accepts ACT w/ Writing scores, and for me, my ACT scores turned out to comparatively better than my SAT scores. consider it! :)</p>

<p>If you really feel like you did better than your score says pay the $50 to have it hand graded over again. Mistakes have been made in the past.</p>

<p>I do. And I will! I just don't know how to prepare more...On practice tests I used to miss 1 or 2 math problems at Max. On the real one I got 630. Almost same for the rest of the test...</p>

<p>I got into ucsd with a 1900 and 3.9W gpa</p>

<p>my ECs aren't even good</p>

<p>Thank you john9222!
You gave me hope.</p>

<p>Thanks flopsy.</p>

<p>lol i got in ucd uci and usc with a 1760 and a 3.0 gpa you're away ahead of the curve</p>

<p>are you kidding me??? man if i had those... hahaha.</p>

<p>i got into UCSD and UCI with a 3.87 weighted GPA and 1850 on my SAT scores. 600 on Math II and 560 on Literature...</p>

<p>looking at everybody's scores on here I wonder how I got in... </p>

<p>overachievers. -_- </p>

<p>hahaha</p>

<p>P.S. my friend got into UCLA with a score of under 1800 on the SATs and a 3.91 GPA. (surprising? yes. but he got in. i'm happy for him. =] )</p>

<p>You are lucky that UCs do not look at the freshman GPA. Just make sure you get good grades this year...</p>

<p>I got into UCLA and Berkeley this year with a 1960 SAT, but I have to say that I'm a business econ major and not an engineering major. I'd have to say your chances aren't so bad; about 80% chance you'll be admitted to UCLA, which is the toughest out of the 4 you listed to get into.</p>

<p>Thank you all for your comments.</p>

<p>i got into ucla, with a 3.93 w and a 1700 but i have to admit my essay did the trick and my ec..
and my friend got into ucb with a 1750 and 4.0 w .. </p>

<p>crazy just show your personality in the essay</p>