Just got my acceptance -- first one!

<p>Just checked my mail after coming home from work and even though I’ve been up since 6am and it’s now 11:30pm it just became worth it because I’ve been accepted to Bama! It’s the first acceptance of almost a dozen colleges I’ve applied to so it’s super exciting!!!</p>

<p>Anybody else get their letters yet?</p>

<p>I will as soon as they get my transcript. Is Bama one of your top choices right now? What other schools did you apply to?</p>

<p>Bama is not one of my top choices, but being that it isn’t too far from home (I’m in FL) and my ACT score qualifies me for the full out-of-state tuition, it was almost too good to pass up.</p>

<p>My top choices include Stanford, U Miami, U Florida, Georgetown, and other places I applied include Vanderbilt, Duke, Yale (huge reach, toss in the bucket), USF and FSU.</p>

<p>They really were quick, too. I’ve had my app done since Sep 19th, but only just sent my transcripts and scores last week and they were received (according to MyBama) on Oct 13th, and the acceptance letter is dated the 17th. So once they get your transcripts, you should hear back rather quickly.</p>

<p>Ah, I’m from FL too! I pretty much didn’t even consider going to any Florida schools. I got National Merit semifinalist, so I started looking around and Bama gives an amazing scholarship package to NMFs. And the more I read about the school, the more I liked it. It’s weird, because all my friends and teachers/administrators look at me funny when I tell them I’m going to Bama (I guess with my stats and NMSF, they all assumed I’d go to a top 25 school), but it’s just the perfect fit for me on every level.</p>

<p>I know a few people planning on going to Georgetown, Vandy, and Duke. I visited Duke last winter… the campus was covered in snow but it was just so beautiful.</p>

<p>SeekingUni…Congrats!</p>

<p>Have you visited Bama? If not, you should.</p>

<p>Will you be applying to any of the competitive honors programs?</p>

<p>What is your major?</p>

<p>Since you have a very high ACT, Bama may offer you more than just free tuition. :)</p>